Yey! got my nose pierced...again. With pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
jazzmum2be said:
a> I didnt tell her I was pregnant
b> Its not harmfull to get piercings while pregnant, just tattoos. :)

You can get infections with piercings which can lead to other problems like blood poising.
Yes its rare but imo not ever worth the risk whilst pregnant.
Make sure you keep it EXTRA clean.

I live in the real world sorry but why would i lie and say it looks nice but i wouldnt do it...someone should say the truth we arent here to sugarcoat things for each other, this isn't lollipop lane! i'm entitled to say what i did! which is that its up to her what she does and that i think it was silly! whats the big deal? i am leaving this thread now if people cannot take a few truths then whats the world coming to eh? i wasn't nasty.

fran_23 said:
If someone came on here and said they were doing something to put there baby at risk then yes i would jusdge them the same, i have stuck up for this girl before when people were being nasty, i'm just saying its a stupid thing to do and no way would a medical expert say its ok to go and get pierced, if she told the person who dome it she was pregnant they would not have done it! i have said it now...its up to her what she does, but its a forum people are going to give an opinion!! not everyone agrees with everything deal with it!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

fran_23 said:
I live in the real world sorry but why would i lie and say it looks nice but i wouldnt do it...someone should say the truth we arent here to sugarcoat things for each other, this isn't lollipop lane! i'm entitled to say what i did! which is that its up to her what she does and that i think it was silly! whats the big deal? i am leaving this thread now if people cannot take a few truths then whats the world coming to eh? i wasn't nasty.

I agree with Fran, Why would someone say oh it looks great and leave the possible danger parts out.
I also don't get what larisa means by people don't say anything to peolple who drink or take drugs?
Wheres that come from :think:

fran_23 said:

yes i live in the real world 2 hun!!! but im jst saying there was no need to say she was putting her babys life at risk by habing a nose piercing its not like she sticking needles all over her body and injecting her self wiv drugs..its a nose piercing ....fair enuff ur opinion is ur opinion and mine is mine but there was no need 4 tht comment wen there is pregnant people out therre tht put there babys life at risk everyday...yet no1 says anything to them

larisa said:
fran_23 said:

yes i live in the real world 2 hun!!! but im jst saying there was no need to say she was putting her babys life at risk by habing a nose piercing its not like she sticking needles all over her body and injecting her self wiv drugs..its a nose piercing ....fair enuff ur opinion is ur opinion and mine is mine but there was no need 4 tht comment wen there is pregnant people out therre tht put there babys life at risk everyday...yet no1 says anything to them

Sorry really don't mean to be rude but how do you know its not putting the babies life at risk.
As I've said its rare but VERY much a possibility.

I didnt say she put her babies life at risk anyway i just said shes more open to infection and able to take less medicine to combat it while pregnant its just a fact!! i also wonder where the drugs and drink thing came from? I have never seen anyone on here saying they are drinking and taking drugs in a way that risks there baby and if they did then i would say something to them too! I bet we all would!

i'm with fran etc. on this one Jazz, piercings and tattoos are big no-no's while pregnant.

it's an open wound inviting in infection to an immune system that is working over time already because of little one.

i'm sure you would have caught on to this from your time on BJS.

fran_23 said:
Not being funny but i know an awful lot about piercings and i don't believe that any doctor or midwife would have told you it was ok to go and do that, why didn't you tell the piercist that you are pregnant then? because you know they probably wouldn't have done it!! You don't have to listen to anyone on a forum its your baby and your body, i just think its selfish to put your baby at extra risk.

This comes from a body piercist!!!

It is not recommended to get a piercing while pregnant, nor for 6-9 months post giving birth because differences in your immune response. Because there is a risk to your child through shared body fluids, most professionals will not do any procedures on mothers while pregnant.

Every OB/GYN that I have interacted with has cautioned against it for your safety. Even with the best procedural precautions, you are at risk while healing.

u sed it there
amd i dint mean people on the forum i jst mean every1s giving her a hard time over a piercing
wen theres people out there tht do much worser i dint mean this forum if i did i wud say people on this forum well n eway every1 s gave there opinions now and thts tht x

I cannot say anything to people out in the world taking drugs and drinking while pregnant can i?? I can only comment to people on here or people i know...!! and i have not said risking her babies life in any of the above.,..most of that post is a quote from a proffesional! i think everyones point has been made clearly there is no point dragging this on any further to be honest!

Everytime you post anything you seem to get some sort of reaction :lol: i think u look lovely hun :cheer:

Hiya Jazz just to add my party piece :wink: your pretty girl, and your nose piercing is lovely - hell i want mine done again after seeing yours!

But the doctor and midwife who said that you could have it done should be shot in all honestly becuase no health professional should say its ok to have a piercing while pregnant. No matter how minor it was. The immune system is at a all time low when pregnant - it is protecting the baby 100% leaving nothing for you if your new piercing got infected.

A cold when pregnant feels alot worse then normal if i wasnt pregnant, i dont know if any other mums agree with me.

Bear in mind though me and fran are pratically in our wheelchairs compared to you - sorry fran, you spank, i mean slap me later :rotfl: :rotfl: but you should know that even if you do something accidental like cut your finger you have to more cautious then normal becuase you simply dont know how your body will react in pregnany - it really can do strange stuff! Just no more piercings honey until that sprog is born - we only nag cos wecare, my sister is a year older then you and im all maternal on her too. So not nagging, only trying to help babes :) :hug:

mrs_tommo22 said:
Hiya Jazz just to add my party piece :wink: your pretty girl, and your nose piercing is lovely - hell i want mine done again after seeing yours!

But the doctor and midwife who said that you could have it done should be shot in all honestly becuase no health professional should say its ok to have a piercing while pregnant. No matter how minor it was. The immune system is at a all time low when pregnant - it is protecting the baby 100% leaving nothing for you if your new piercing got infected.

A cold when pregnant feels alot worse then normal if i wasnt pregnant, i dont know if any other mums agree with me.

Bear in mind though me and fran are pratically in our wheelchairs compared to you - sorry fran, you spank, i mean slap me later :rotfl: :rotfl: but you should know that even if you do something accidental like cut your finger you have to more cautious then normal becuase you simply dont know how your body will react in pregnany - it really can do strange stuff! Just no more piercings honey until that sprog is born - we only nag cos wecare, my sister is a year older then you and im all maternal on her too. So not nagging, only trying to help babes :) :hug:

Aww your so lovely :hug: well put :)

Good night everyone, its way past my bed timelol.

nite hun!!
i dint mean to b bitchy with you ,,,iv had a bad day lol i think i need sleep
x

I think it looks really pretty :)

I had no idea piercings weren't allowed during pregnancy :doh: I do now though... message has been put across LOUD and very clearly so drop it now ey :wink:

blimey its a bit late for this. don't make me get my Harry Hill out

HarryHill_fight.jpg

hehe even tht made my OH laugh :rotfl:
hes a harry hill fan
x

Seren thinks he's her Grandad (they both have glasses and bald heads)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hehe i thought u posted to tell me off bout my part in the discussion :?
x

All ill say is keep it VERY clean, i had a tatoo and my ears pierced when pg with Hope, before i found out though and the tatoo my whole wrist swelled up to 3 times its size and the ear piercing never healed. The middy shouldnt have said it was opkm to get it donme as your body is more sensitive atthis time and it will be trying to battle infections in your piercing rather then looking after your baby. I wouldnt have done those things knowing i was pg but at the end of the day its up to you, if you feel comfy doing so then no one can tell you other wise, just really keep it clean as mine was a right bleeder and got infected alot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back