Yes! Yes! Yes! and slightly no!

MrsR

Reaction score
Well after living in a one bedroomed flat for 10 months we have finally finally signed for a house!!! It has a garden and everything!! I am so so so excited! x x so that's the yes yes yes bit of the title. And now, the no bit, we need flooring and omfg it's expensive bloody stuff!!!! I'm awful and stress so much about things and we can't get started on anything until they give us a move in date! Which does not help my stressing! I need dimensions to order flooring and blinds and I do not know how we're going to afford this!!! I got zero sleep last night because I know from moving up here how short 4 weeks are when packing and organising things! Aaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!

Awww, hun it'll be ok!! When I moved here I had no carpet and I forced my landlord to pay for it (private rent)!! xx

massive congrats helen you lucky thing im so jelous as im in a flat would love a house is any of the flooring you have now worth taking with you?

Yeah we're taking the carpets and laminate from here but because the house is so much bigger the carpets wont fit properly-the carpet we have in our bedroom will go in the smaller bedroom at the house and the carpet we have in the lounge will do the stairs and hallway upstairs at the house. The laminate will do the bathroom or hallway downstairs. There's still the lounge, kitchen, toilet and master bedroom to floor! Aaaagggghhhhh x x lol x x

:yay: congratualtions on the house!!

I recently had to do flooring in our new house too :( If you go and pick what you'd like then arrange for the carpet people to go measure up they'll ring you with a quote. I got a quote and told her it was a lot more than we expected. She rang back 5 mins later and knocked £300 off the quote. Its definately worth asking. Also we put it on a credit card then did a 0% balance transfer onto a new card so we're still paying it off but not paying extra interest on it.

just a quick note as well, I used allied carpets and the service from start to finish was totally rubbish and the final product was not put in properly and Ihad to have them out 3 times to sort it out. NOT recommended!

Thank you tiny x we don't have credit cards so that option is out and we're on a really tight budget though not 100% on exactly how much the budget'll be, what I'm doing is keeping OH's debit card and not touching the money in that account at all and then seeing how we are doing x x

:yay: congratualtions on the house!!

I recently had to do flooring in our new house too :( If you go and pick what you'd like then arrange for the carpet people to go measure up they'll ring you with a quote. I got a quote and told her it was a lot more than we expected. She rang back 5 mins later and knocked £300 off the quote. Its definately worth asking. Also we put it on a credit card then did a 0% balance transfer onto a new card so we're still paying it off but not paying extra interest on it.

just a quick note as well, I used allied carpets and the service from start to finish was totally rubbish and the final product was not put in properly and Ihad to have them out 3 times to sort it out. NOT recommended!

lols i used to work for allied carpets for about 4 yrs and what you said doesnt surprise me tbh i always use carpet right and my dad fits it

Might make a call to my dad x lol x already roped him into helping us move x

Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic news!! Your gonna lose yourself in the house lol

I agree about the flooring though, soooo expensive! We just bought laminate for the nursery, £97 for a little box room! Rediculous!

:yay: Great news about the house! Hope you manage to get flooring sorted out quickly x

Are you in private or housing? Ask your landlord - Most rented houses are carpeted and if in council you may get a carpet fund if on low income, my cousin got one recently (and for decorating) but not sure how it works.

Blinds - You know what for a period why don't you buy some nets ....these days theres some lovely ones and voile type :D

^^ agreed, also mega sale on in dunelm at the min too. I got some ready to hang black out curtains for baby's nursery for £11 :yay: and the pole was about £8 too. It looks really posh!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back