Y do i bother!!

Young Mum 21 x

Reaction score
just phoned the doctors.. to try and get an appointment..
she took 10minutes to answer..
and its never busy there.. asked for an appointment for wednesday..
''cant sorry i havent got anything for two weeks''
so i said.. what about an emergency appointment for wednesday?
''no nothing sorry..'' started to get a little annoyed with the receptionist..so i said ''ah never mind!!''
so then she says ''ohh i could but u down for an emergency appointment but its gota be an emergency, whats the problem?''
y the hell wud i tell you.. your a receptonist!! :wall2:

i always have to tell our receptionists what we are coming in for whether its an emergency or not! annyoing isn't it! xx

definatly!! she must of noticed i didnt want to say when she asked what was the problem and i said nevermind!!
and she still didnt give me an appointment!! what shall i do? just wait two weeks? do i even have to see a doctor?xx

Last edited:
If your doctors surgery is rubbish then there is not a lot you can do about that practice itself, other than complain to your Primary Care Trust, or rate them very poorly if you recieve a GP Patient Survey in the post.

In terms of what you can do practically I would say there are 2 things. Firstly you can try and change to a different GP practice. If you have another one nearby you simply need to contact them and ask to register with them, they'll then take care of everything and switch your registration over to them. That might take a couple of weeks though.

In the mean time I think you can contact your community midwife team directly without having to go through your GP practice. Unfortunately I don't know how to contact your community midwife team directly, but either your nearest hospital with a maternity unit, or your PCT would know.

My GP was rubbish when I went to see him, he just made a note on the system then told me to make an appointment with the midwife at reception. When you look on line it tells you all sorts that the GP is supposed to do, like give you information about what options you have for your pregnancy and all the choices you can make about where and how to have your baby and where to see a midwife. Mine did none of this, so I'm waiting for my midwife appointment in a couple of weeks. Hopefully she'll be better than the GP otherwise I'll be doing a lot more research into what my options are.

Hope that helps x

oh my god thats awful...i'd just say it's an emergancy even if its not!
that is ridiculous, and it's none of her business

hope you get an appointment hun :hugs:

The same thing happend to me. I rang a 2nd time and was told i didnt need to make an appointment to see the dr unless i was concerned about something, and that i could just make an appointment with the midwife between 6-8 weeks.

thats what ill see if i can do then Sparkle!
i NEVER go to the doctors coz this is how they r!!
they act as if ur 'bothering them' ! xx

If you ring the drs they will give you the number for the community midwife xx

thanks Amy, just rung them, they'll send me a scan date in the post :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER