Anyone Elses Midwives Unreliable?

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I telephoned the doctors three times over the past week to get an appointment and there aren't any for two weeks!! The receptionist asked if it was an emergency and I said "no, I am pregnant". SO she said that I could skip the doctor and just get an appointment to see the midwife.

I was happy with that! She told me that the midwife would phone me definately to day - no phonecall!

I had this with my last pregnancy - it was a NIGHTMARE getting hold of midwives! When I had to go to see the midwife last time, I was waiting for two and a half hours on one occasion!

Is this the same for everyone else?

Julia xxxx

Aww :hug: sorry to hear tht, mines pretty good. Could you not find the phone number off the internet of your local MidWife then phone them for an appointment, i got my MW's number from my doctors they said to ring them myself, i got an appointment for 2weeks later for when id be approx 8weeks pregnant. x

Thanks for your reply MissyRee,

I phoned them myself during my first pregnancy and they never got back to me for some reason so I had to go through the Doctor - even he raised an eyebrow when I told him.

But yes - good idea - I will get my midwife's mobile number tomorrow and phone her - and keep phoning her.

After I had my little girl, the midwife came to see me every other day and she could not have been nicer or more reliable!! Why don't I we have the same service when we are carrying???

Oh Well, moan over!

Julia xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww, lol good idea just keep ringing them they'll eventually have to sort something out for you its not fair to keep you waiting! And a good rant can really help sometimes so feel free to let it out :D :hug: xx

Hey julia, i had the same problem, i couldn't get an appointment with a mw, i just kept phoning back and even my partner james phoned for me and we finally managed to get an appointment. and like you we were'nt seen on time and kept waiting. I think they have so many women to see they just haven't got the time to see everyone, i personally think they should have more than one mw at a doctors surgery but thats the nhs for you! The only thing i can suggest is you keep phoning them, they will soon get fed up and give in and get you an appointment. hope this helps. take care xx

Thanks Lauran,

You are right - just need to keep onto them. They should definately have more than one midwife on - they must have loads of complaints from hormonal women (would not like to be the receptionist!!).

I will keep phoning tomorrow. My DH also thought it was a disgrace when I was nine months pregnant with my little girl - he could not believe I (with a load of other "due" mothers) was kept waiting for HOURS to see a midwife. We were cramped in a little room with other people who were coughing, sneezing etc and were also sat on tiny plastic seats!

I won't jump to conclusions - it might be different this time around!?! :pray:

Anyway - I am off to bed! It is well past my bedtime (9.30pm)!!!!! What is happening to me??????? :sleep: I am going to party like mad from November onwards!! (or at least have a few on a Friday night) :dance:

Goodnight all future mums!!

Julia xxxxx

I'm having a nightmare so far. 9 weeks tomorrow and still not heard off them.

I had an appointment last wednesday last week but she was off that day so the on call MW said she would get her to ring me to arrange my booking in app because she couldn't do it there and then because I'd only got a 15 minute appointment!! :x

It's now a week later and still not had a phone call from her so I'm going to have to try and call her at the doctors again today (she only works there one afternoon a week). I'm on holiday all next week so i'm going to be 11 weeks gone before I see her!

Chrissy,

That's a disgrace. Pregnancy is such a special time but also very nerve wracking (especially the first 12 weeks). Midwives should realise that!

You will be having your scan in three weeks - or will that be put off too??

It is soooooooooooooooo annoying!! :wall:

Make sure you see her asap to arrange your scan! Good Luck!

Julia xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back