WtT in January/February 2018

WolfMamma

Reaction score
Morning all!

Some background on me.

I have a 6 year old from a previous relationship. Hers was a terrible pregnancy and a traumatic birth. I always swore I'd never do it all again! (Her birth story is around here somewhere under another name.) I had SPD from 18 weeks and was on crutches until her birth, she was sunny side up and I was induced. Plus tearing and forceps, it wasn't fun......

I'm just about to marry my fiance of 2 and a bit years and although we have discussed kids, he's always been a bit evasive. The other day I cornered him as my coil runs out in January and I wanted to know whether to replace or remove it. He's told me to get it removed on previous occasions but I've never felt that he meant it seriously so didn't do it.

I was blunt with him this time and told him that I didn't want him to hit 60 one day and look back on his life and regret not having kids. I said that I wasn't chomping at the bit to have another one due to how badly the first affected me but that I'd do it for him if he wanted me to. After thinking about it he decided that I had a good point and we decided to start trying in January so that the wedding and honeymoon is done with.

I'm both exited and terrified..... I don't know how to put myself through that all again 0_o I'm hoping to find a pregnancy buddy when I fall because I know he'll struggle to understand pregnancy. He's not the best with emotions and empathy!

We've already mutually agreed that he won't be at the birth as he just couldn't cope with it (seeing me in pain gives him anxiety) so I've told my best friend and she's happily agreed to be my birth partner. I can't think of anyone better 😊

So that's me! Here begineth the journey!!

Very best of luck, hope all works out for you and you don't have to wait for your BFP.

I also had a difficult birth with DD and also said I am not doing it again but here I am 2 year later :D

Good luck with the wedding!

I had an extremely difficult delivery with my first but a lovely delivery with my 2nd it was so different x

Welcome and good luck WolfMamma:) Hope you get your bfp quickly when you start. Will your OH be in a different room or not be at the hospital at all? Bless him. It's quite traumatic for the blokes too. x

It's up to him really. My best friend has already agreed to be there with me so that's sorted. It'll just be a matter of finding somewhere for my daughter to go in the meantime, although I'm sure his parents would have her!

Fingers crossed it all happens quickly for you after your wedding - congratulations!

I'm planning to ttc no 2 around that time, too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back