Wtc question

yummymum

Reaction score
Hi I estimated my oh would earn 16500 for the yr but bcos of his hrs being messed up ect he as only earnt 12300 so far and has one more payday before 5th april new tax yr ...if i have under estimated will they give us any money that we have missed out on or not ? I think that by end of tax yr he will have earnt 13400 , so under estimated by 3100

thanks in advance

I think in April hun you can ring them with the actual figure and if the owe you then you'll get it :) But ring them tomorrow to make sure. I'm nearly sure you can't do it before the renewal packs start going out.

Yes, you should be asked for the real figures at some point and if they owe you money they will pay it into your bank as a lump sum usually. Normaly I get a letter a couple of days after the sum goes into my bank so if you've just renewed or updated your estimate keep an eye on your bank account.

Just read the post before mine. You can update your estimate at any time by giving them a call but you still need to give your real figures in April. :)

Just rang and they said they will amend it in due course . also been on entitled to.com and it looks like we have been getting £40 less a wk then we should ..will they backdate to april then ? x

Yes, they'll work out how much they should have paid you across the year and make up the difference. You might get a nice surprise by the sounds of things.

Your paid on the year before. I know because I rang about this only the other day because I thought we'd be snookered for a pay rise in the new tax year and owe them but nope ...

Tax year 09-10 is paid based on income from 08-09
Tax year 10-11 is paid based on income from 09-10

So if hes earned less and you may find this tax year you may qualify for extra working/child tax credits in th new tax yar (April coming).

They have put £238 in my bank and sent an award explaining that there is a possible payment owed at end of tax yr , so hopfully all is good come 6th april xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back