tax credits ???

1sttimemum said:
Ahhhh see i could do this cos i go back on may 9th, Im taking the full year off and obv willbe in a new tax year then

Yeah give them a ring with your estimated income for this year and they will take another look at what you could be getting :)

Jade&Evie said:
That'll be a week- stick your details into here and it'll tell you what you'll get.

http://www.entitledto.co.uk

I dont think that website is accurate as it said we would get £20 a week but we get quite a bit more than that.
Ive posted before to say that i think ours has been calculated incorrectly, i have rang then several times only to be told its correct so im hoping we dont get asked to pay it back at the end of the year :evil: :pray: our household income last year was 29k and we get approx £130 a week WTC & CTC but i work less than 30 hrs so get extra for that.

hello, we get £20 a week too. our joined income for tax year 06/07 was for £42000( when i first made claim when lo was born in dec) and this tax year was for £45000 and they said if tax year was stilll under £50,000 then payments will not change. I know im on mat leave now but didnt want to guess my earnings for this year so will worry about it next tax year.

our joint income for this year, including my MA is £13000... we get about £110 a week at the mo in tax credits. not sure how it'll change when i'm not classed as working

jo , if i was u id be really worried ! as far as i can see u shouldnt even get wtc ? they told me only if u earned under 18k ? u get more a week then i get a month !!!

orrrrrrrrrrrrr do i apply for wtc on my own ? and not as a couple ? as my wages are about 2800 this year ! and i thought u have to work over 30 hours to get wtc ? its all so confusing !

Gem & Leland said:
jo , if i was u id be really worried ! as far as i can see u shouldnt even get wtc ? they told me only if u earned under 18k ? u get more a week then i get a month !!!

orrrrrrrrrrrrr do i apply for wtc on my own ? and not as a couple ? as my wages are about 2800 this year ! and i thought u have to work over 30 hours to get wtc ? its all so confusing !

They got the wrong income at first, i rang and told them and they amended it and told me that my payments would not change. I got an amended sheet with the correct income and the payments havent changed so as far as im concerned the amount they are paying me is correct, if they have calculated wrong then thats their problem and if they try to take it back im quite happy to stand up in court and argue the case! I have contacted them on several occasions and told them that they have miscalculated but they are adament that its correct.

Even if they do ask for it to be paid back, which i will fight against... but if i end up having to pay it back it will be a small amount every week so im not too concerned lol its their fault as ive provided them with the correct details.

Tax Credits do my head in, it's so stupid how it's worked out from the previous years earnings :roll: :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back