erm...HELP!

ema-lou24

Reaction score
ok so i will try to keep this brief, but if anyone has any advice i will be truely gratefull...

I have a 16hour contract with my work, sometimes i get more hours a week but 9 times outa 10 im just making the 16. My OH was on JSA as hes currently unemplyed. We applied for Housing benefit back in febuary when he was on JSA as making the rent everyweek is hard, we got refused as i was earning £13 a week more than the limit, which annoyed me slightly as this was the week that i had done some overtime!
I recieve child and working tax credits too.

My partner is no longer getting JSA as he missed his back to work interview as he had a job interview, so they cancelled his JSA which pissed us off even more, HE WAS AT AN INTERVIEW!!! we explained this to them and they said we would need to re-claim which can take up to a month!
So we thought we would try again with the housing benefit, thinking we would have a better chance seeing as he isnt bringing in any money at all!!

We are still waiting to hear back on this, but i get a feeling we wont get any help.
My rent is £65 a week. I earn £140 maximum a week (depending on any overtime) i then have to fork out £40ish a week on gas and elec then on top of that i have car bill, insurance etc, TV, Food etc...catch my drift??

Surely they will help??

Does anyone know how i can get this or rules on getting it etc?

I sometimes feel that if i walked in there jobless, pissed and doped up on heroin i would get the help i so desperatly need!! x

the reason im thinking i wont recieve any help is coz my mate who recieves housing benefit cos shes "unstable" for work (basically a lazy shit) says we wont get it cos my OH doesnt work, we would have a better chance if he was on JSA, but we tried this and we got refused. I thought with only one wage coming in, it would help our claim.

I sound like a right sponger here lol, but things are tight and are gonna be for a while until my OH gets a job and hes trying so hard :-(

I'm sure they will give you housing benefit because only one of you are working!! I'm not 100% as our landlord doesn't accept it but when we were gonna try to get it, my housing officer said we could and that was when both me and OH were working full time! This was 4 years ago though so not sure how it works now! Hope they get it sorted for you!

definately worth trying for it again. Im off to the community centre now to see what we can apply for too. Im just gonna apply for everything cos we're in the same type of situation, earning just over the limit but really gonna struggle financially when LO is here and Ill be earning less on mat leave.

In your situation your either better going FT or doing no overtime, you have to do what needs be really.

You should use www.entitledto.co.uk you can compare situations (estimates) and find out your entitlements from child (if thats your LO in pic?), working and housing benefit for low income families.

If your OH is claiming no benefits on your wages I do believe they will help.

i cant go FT cos i have the LO (yep thats him in pic lol) and i only ever get over time now and again. (my boss is a bit of a bully) we have to do overtime if someone is on holiday or on sick.

i have done that webpage to see and it seems to think i SHOULD be entitled to help...lets just hope they think the same lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back