Help, really confused + have a few questions :-)

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hello,

This is somthing I probably should have asked and looked into ages ago but I only ask now due to a comment made by a friend of mine last week and its got me thinking!

Please bare with me as I am sooo clueless with all these benifits and ive looked on the government website and it still makes no sence!! :oops:

My son is now 7 months old. I am recieving maternity pay of around £500 + "top up" that my company are giving me totaling my mat pay to around £600. This is due to finish in November. My OH and I are also recieving around £60 per month for Child tax credit of which im under the assumpion everyone gets regardless of income e.t.c?

Now.......

Question 1) - Is my OH entitled to anything? He works full time earning around £2500 (sometimes less pending overtime) per month. My friend made a comment saying he should be getting working tax credit???

2) - We have made the decision that I will not be going back to work for my employer (havnt told them yet) If my OH is working and I am not, are we entitled to anything extra?

Thanks x

Working tax credit is based on income and is usually paid to families with a low income, maybe give tax credits a call they will advise you on what you may be entitled to.

With regards to you not going back to work do you have to pay back your employer any extra maternity pay they have been paying you. Usually a company who pays top ups on the normal SMP tend to do so on the basis that you will be returning to work for a certain length of time. If you dont then they tend to make you pay it back. So worth checking out your company policy on that.

On a wage of £2500 id say you wouldnt be entitled to anything.

Brian earns about half that and i think we are getting £30 a week or something

Your OH isn't entitled to WTC and if you stay home you won't be entitled to anything as you are choosing not to work. Check about what Chalie said as it is usual for companies to only pay above SMP if you return to work, though the length of time you need to return for may only be a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back