Write back asap! :)

saze

Reaction score
hya everyone ive got my first appointment with midwife in half an hour , is there anychance she will let me listen to the babies heartbeat? did any of you get to? xxx:lol::lol: im about 10 weeks by the way

Last edited:
The earliest they will listen to it is usually 16 weeks and sometimes not that early as they say it is difficult to detect earlier than that which causes worries. Today will just be medical history maybe bloods etc. Sorry.

Last edited:
Probably not hun as it is too early, things are still small. Even though there is a heart beat it would be too difficult to find, and mw's will not want you to worry if they can't find it. I've still not heard mines, though booking an appt with my gp in about 2 weeks to hear it as thats what mw said to do :), if they dont let me hear it at my 20 week scan next week. x

My friend got to hear hers at her 12 week scan. She went at 8 weeks for a scan but they told her she was too early and she didnt realise :(

I heard mine in my last pregnancy at about 8/9weeks but that was with my own droppler. The first time i heard it was at my 12 week scan sadly i ended up having a mmc so i never got to the stage of my midwife listening to it x x

okay thankyou everyone and im so sorry Mummy2Adam take care xxx

I remember someone on here saying they got to listen To it early as long as they promised not to be upset if they couldn't hear it, can't remember who

I didn't get to hear mine until 24 weeks. Sounds like a train!!!

I heard mine at my 12 week scan while he was scanning he put it on briefly, it was super fast then he turned it off cos it was distracting from him talking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back