Would you

MrsR

Reaction score
Buy babies/toddlers/children a quilt as a present? I'm hoping to really kick start a business from home and I'm thinking is this something people would want? The person can pick the pattern/fabric colours/size that they want and I'd do things like matching cushions etc as well. So would you personally buy one?

My best friend made Evan a quilt with foxes on which DH loves (therefore Evan does lol). I think homemade custom items are coming back xx

Definitely. We've just started using the quilt in Harrys cot and it keeps him so cosy. He doesn't really like his sleeping bag anymore as he likes to wriggle about but would always kick blankets off and get too cold. A wee handmade quilt would be lovely! If you do start up a business, give me a shout! :) x

Yes I would. I just bought Max a homemade pillow and it's so soft he falls asleep cuddling it :) xxx

Yeah I think there's a big market for it.

I made Aaron a quilt out of his old clothes and I love it. I had looked into getting him one made too, but found them too expensive.

Yes! I bought a handmade personalised quilt for my daughter for hrt birthday, and plan on buying one for my son for his birthday next year I've also bought pram sized blankets for my new nephew and neice and have ordered pillows for both my children for xmas. There seems to be a really big market for it just now, so I'd say go for it and good luck! x

Defintitely yes, i think its lovely to have something special for your LO's, and handmade items in general have been extremely popular for the past few years, and that doesnt look to be changing any time soon.

I bought a handmade custom blanket for LO a few months back, and im currently making a blanket and some toys out of LO's old clothes, so i think this stuff is definitely wanted. Plus its the right time of year to start marketing quilts etc, everyones starting to think of warmth for their LO's. Go for it :D

Fantastic feedback guys! Thank you! X I'm super excited now! :)

Yes!!!

I'll post a piccie of the quilt when I get it hun, so excited. Is that it in your avatar???

It's going to be a wall piece until he is a wee bit older.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Yes!!!

I'll post a piccie of the quilt when I get it hun, so excited. Is that it in your avatar???

It's going to be a wall piece until he is a wee bit older.

xxxxxx

Yes it is :D xx

I CAN NOT WAIT for it to arrive! Seriously! I felt a little sad to post it cos I just loved every second of making it but I'm so so so excited for you to get it!!!!

If your selling blankets especially for use with newborns you need to check laws and regulations. When I made quilts I had to make it clear they were not intended for use with babies and materials etc need to comply to eu regulations etc. Google it, its not as complicated as it sounds just wanted you to be aware x

I love homemade stuff x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

If your selling blankets especially for use with newborns you need to check laws and regulations. When I made quilts I had to make it clear they were not intended for use with babies and materials etc need to comply to eu regulations etc. Google it, its not as complicated as it sounds just wanted you to be aware x

I love homemade stuff x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Thank you x

I've been making bunting, cushion covers, and phone socks. I've tried selling on local FB selling pages, my own FB page and eBay with no interest at all! Hope you have better luck than me.

Thanks hon x I've had a few inquiries so fingers crossed they'll turn into orders x

Postman didn't bloody arrive until well after Midday and I'd had to go out so I have to go and pick it up tomorrow!

Gutted, was hanging out of the window for him.

As I say mine is going to be used as a wall hanging as James will be in bags for as long as possible.

Quilt is too pretty to be hidden away in his cot, I want it where it can be seen :lol: :lol:

xxxxxx

Postman didn't bloody arrive until well after Midday and I'd had to go out so I have to go and pick it up tomorrow!

Gutted, was hanging out of the window for him.

As I say mine is going to be used as a wall hanging as James will be in bags for as long as possible.

Quilt is too pretty to be hidden away in his cot, I want it where it can be seen :lol: :lol:

xxxxxx

Awwww booooo :( naughty postman!

All the fabrics and fillings fulfil the eu regulations and the filling is fire ******ant just in case you were worried :) xx

To be honest it didn't even cross my mind (bad Mummy) but as I say I wont be using it for it's intended purpose just yet anyway.

I'll be off to the PO first thing tomorrow for my new quilt - OK for James' new qilt lol!

xxxxxxx

I have just got the quilt and it is more amazing in RL. It is beautiful.

I also shed a little tear at your lovely note and your beautiful little embroidery of James' name.

What lovely little personal touches.

015.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG

As mentioned previously I have donated James' baby stuff to my sister but once my nephew is done with them I would love, love, love to pay you to make us a quilt from his old baby-grows??

I am so thrilled and I am sorry if my piccies do not do justice to your stunning handiwork.

If anyone is wanting to get one done I would 100% recommend you do.

xxxxx

Better piccies of the little tag attached to quilt

017.JPG
019.JPG

xxxxxxx

Omg wow! Absolutely beautiful! I'd love to order one myself but couldn't atm as we are extremely skint x

tapatalkin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back