Would You Be Annoyed?

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
On saturday I had a really lovely afternoon at my baby shower- I didn't have a lot of mobility after the morning's events but my friends were fab and a few turned up who are away at Uni in Kent/London and I haven't seen for about 18 months. I was really spoiled, Bump was really spoiled and everyone got in touch afterwards and said what a good time they had.

HOWEVER. one friend, who I see regularly and lives locally, didn't turn up. I tried to call her and kept getting cut off to her voicemail. Eventually she text me on Sunday and said she was really sorry she FORGOT about the shower because she'd been drunk the night before.I made a real effort- invites and everything!- so for her to say she 'forgot' is just ridiculous!

She called me just now as though nothing had happened and when I was off with her she said that I was being pathetic and that she would have come if she had remembered! :roll:

Over the last few months I have really found out who my 'real' friends are and she's not seeming like one of them at the moment! Am I being OTT!?! :evil:

Sorry for the long post- just had to rant! :rotfl:

Hmm, I might be miffed, especially if she said she was coming and then didn't turn up. It isn't the best excuse. But, I wouldn't let it ruin the friendship; I think I would be secretly grumpy (unless it was a regular occurrence.)
Could there be another reason for a no-show? I obviously don't know her but could she be jealous etc?

OH thinks she didn't come because she wouldn't have been centre of attention and she likes to be the one in the limelight. She had said she'd turn up and then obviously had a better offer (she was ignoring my calls not just missing them!). I am just annoyed that people I haven't seen for ages made an effort and she didn't.

I'll forget about it by next week but I am peeved at the mo! :x

I think I'd give her the benefit of the doubt for now and if she does something similar again consider dumping her.
The real test will be after the babys born, getting to know who your real friends is isn't always a bad thing :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I understand and I would be annoyed / upset too.

Like you, I'm finding out who my real friends are and the results are a bit surprising in places. I am almost housebound now and for the last 3 months I have been dependant on others for me to go anywhere (e.g. I needed lifts to go places). I texted lots of my friends letting them know that I couldn't really leave the house and would appreciate visits at any time - but some people who I thought I was close to I have seen only once. And others that I didn't expect to hear from heard on the grapevine and have been fantastic.

Is your relationship with this friend based on going out, either to pubs and things or to cafes and shopping? It's the friends I used to regularly do those things with that I haven't seen. And although it's now that I need their friendship and company and they're not there, I know that when baby is newborn and I want some peace they will suddenly appear :wall: :wall: :wall:

Awwwwww...have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i think i would be annoyed too hun, but like some of the others have said it might be best just to give her the benefit of the doubt and ignore the situation. At the end of the day she is the one who missed out and if this sort of thing continues to happen you will see if she is a true friend or not.

:D

I would be annoyed aswel...

Especially as she lives close and you went to a lot of trouble with invites ect...

I dont think its something to have a really big fall out over though...

I think it would have been worse if she made up some stupid excuse rather then just say she forgot... :roll:

:hug: :hug: xx

I think Id be a bit upset, not angry though really. I think Ive probably been guilty of hiding under the duvet with a hangover from hell ignoring calls, who hasnt?

I think Id let it go and like Muppetmummy says if she does anything similar when baby is here then dont worry about her anymore and let her get on with it.

Dont worry yourself over it hun, she wouldnt have been any fun hungover breathing stale booze on you :hug: :hug:

I'd be upset, TBH my supposed best mate did this througout my whole pregnancy! we have only recently started getting on well after we had an honest chat about things and worked hard. Lol make it sound like a relationship but I think long running friendships can get a bit like that. Tell her your upset about it then leave it, not worth falling out over :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back