So Annoyed!! GGGRRR

Yvonne

Reaction score
As most of you know i went for a glucose test today, anyway that was a waste of time as they don't do them afer 34 weeks!!

Anyway my moan..........

I had the head midwife today to do the test and she looked though my notes to see my previous pregnancy history etc like they all do, and she came across the problem page where it has my major postpartum bleed and the shoulder dystocia and the high BP etc written on it.
She asked me how bad the shoulder dystocia was and how long it took them to get her out etc, but i had had pethadine so wasn't quite with it and didn't know.
She asked what they had told me the plan of action was as it should be written in my notes, so i just told her they were going to leave me to go naturally and see how things go- she went mad!!!
She highlited the problems in my notes, she said that cos Amy was only 7lb 11oz they need to know why she got stuck as she wasn't big.

So she ordered my notes from Amy's birth and she said she is going to sit down and go through it with a fine tooth comb and page my consultant to sit and do a plan she said cos the one they give me wasn't good enough, she said shoulder dystocia is very serious and can be a matter of life and death cos of oxygen!!!!!!

She said that my consultant will go through it in detail with me tomorrow and work out what he's going to do.

I am so annoyed by this, i have been panicking about this since day one and finally came to terms with the fact that it might not be as bad as expected and then she told me today that it needs proper organisation- makes me wonder what else i should be having done!! my babies life is in their hands and i am now being told that the birth hasn't been planned properly!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry for the long post

Wow I can see why you're annoyed!

Try and focus on the positive side... at least she noticed and is doing something about it right away. I know that's not the point, but hopefully now she will sort out everything for you so you won't have to worry so much.

I am glad she has noticed it now, but why on earth was it not done earlier?? if she is following the proper practice then surely this should have been done by the consultant as it should be procedure.

I'm just glad i haven't gone into labour earlier before anything was spotted!

glad they noticed that for you, what time tomorrow are you seeing the consultant ?

That's shocking!! Do they think you might need a C Section now?

Hello

Im sorry to hear that hopefully everything will turn out fine, It makes me mad when the so called experts mess up.
Wish you all the best take care
Katrina and let us know how it goes.

I have the consultants at 2pm tomorrow,

My consultant said to me that it might not happen again this time as they don't know what caused it and the fact that it is a small baby is more of a mystery.

Right which is all well and good but the fact it was only a small baby and still got stuck, to me that would be more of a worry that my pelvis isn't big enough or something- it would be understandable if Amy was big.

Oh just what i need to add to it all!!! i have that to worry about now, so i don't know until tomorrow whether he still wants to leaveme to go on my own, or Csection. :(

well make sure he explains everything in detail tomorrow, dont let him fob you off if your not happy with anything.

best of luck, hope it goes well for you

x

Iwill make sure tomorrow now i know there is urgency in the matter.

I like the top of your hair by the way!!

Mine looks really brown today

mine looks blonder today, prob coz i washed it tho lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back