So annoyed . . .

twinkle84

Reaction score
. . . what do you girls think? Just got back from a mw check up today and as she was listening to the heart beat she said 'ow he sounds fine' . . . 'well do you know what youre having?' I said 'NO' and she said 'ow I think its a boy' I just feel really annoyed and she had no right. Ive been waiting all these weeks. Do you think there is any truth in the heartbeat thing? Ive heard some people say its nonsense! I dont know whether to tell my hubby when he gets in from work or not? xx

It can be accurate for some people but not for everyone. My babys heartbeat is right in the middle so if i hadnt found out at the scan that its a girl i wouldnt have known by the rate of the heart, its not a guarenteed way of telling and even the scan is only around 80% so dont take her word for it. I would be really annoyed too if i didnt know and she said that, she did have no right cos thats all our going to think about now. It may be fun for her to guess and see if she is right but she should have kept her opinion to herself if you didnt ask for it.

She put the doppler kind of in the middle, so does that mean she was quite accurate? Oh I am so disappointed (not that its prob a boy) just that I wanted the excitment of not knowing and that was our decision! I didnt want to find out like that! Should I share what she said with hubby? x

Nope not true worked for my first two then this one was slower like a boy and I had a girl lol so it's all guessing I did hold allot on it for a while - till I gave birth lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was probably just making an off the cuff remark, I doubt she really meant anything by it otherwise she would've explained why she thought that. Everyone likes to have a guess/opinion but I'd take it with a pinch of salt till your LO comes out and shows you! :)

My midwife told me after listening to my first ones heartbeart that it was def a girl and I already knew it was a boy so I wouln't worry hon - very hit and miss!!!! x x x

well my son had a girlie heart rate the heart rate doesnt come into effect until after the baby is born so dont worry most midwives like to guess but thats all it is a guess.... people like to guess but doesnt mean they are right :)

Thanks ladies, you made me feel a bit better, like there MIGHT still be a suprise. I told hubby and he didnt seem to bothered, said 'oh it doesnt mean anything' then had a smile to himself. Typical bloke and would be chuffed with a boy haha xxx

I wouldnt worry about it! My midwife says its not 100% accurate and at the end of the day she would only be guessing!! x

I always thought they could only do the heartbeat guessing game at the beginning of pregnancy cos at the later stages they are both the same....

id never heard of this.... but i think like becky said she was just taking a guess, only a 50/50% chance that she is right,

and u havnt got long left to find out, eeek exciting stuf!!

xxx

One of our friends was in final stages of labour and midwife listening to heartbeat said it was defo a girl - 2 mins later their SON arrived!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back