wots the difference

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
between a pelican crossing and all the other ones im trying to practice my theory online but i cant for the life of me think of the difference

A pelican crossing is the one where you press the button and wait for the green man.

A toucan crossing is one where pedestrians and cyclists can cross at the same time (remember it as - TWO can cross)

A puffin crossing is where there is an infrared device at the top senses when there is someone waiting to cross

A zebra crossing is the stripey floor, orange beacons and no traffic lights

Can you tell I used to be a driving instructor :wink:
If you need anymore help let me know, and good luck :hug:

Almost identical to the pelican but the box for the pedestrian is slightly different, it is lower and hasn't got the WAIT light on it. On the toucan crossing there is a picture of a bicycle beside the green man, and there is usually a bicycle lane leading up to it. :D

No problem hun, I'll be glad to help in any way I can :D

sarah get ur bum over to london so u can teach me to drive please!!! :pray: :pray:

Ooo good luck hun, i'm sure you'll pass with flying colours.

Need any help just PM me

xXx

Sarah - I forgot to add that on the pelican crossing the amber light on the traffic lights flash when returning to green, whereas on the puffin crossing this doesn't happen. Hope this makes sense :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back