Two arrests over baby 'abduction'!!

Urchin

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 950963.stm

Victoria, Robert and Jazmine Sawyer
Mrs Sawyer was pushing her daughter in a pram
Two people have been arrested over the attempted abduction of a baby in Greater Manchester.

A 29-year-old woman and a 31-year-old man were arrested in Skelmersdale and are being interviewed by detectives.

Victoria Sawyer, 30, was pushing her four-month-old daughter Jazmine in a pram when a couple attempted to snatch the child in Wigan Road, Leigh.

Mrs Sawyer fought off the pair, who were unable to release Jazmine from the pram, Greater Manchester Police said.

Mrs Sawyer, a care worker who lives in Leigh, was on a pelican crossing near the junction of Hulme Road and Wigan Road on 12 August when the couple struck.

The woman attacker shouted "get the baby, get the baby" as they pounced, said police.

Mrs Sawyer managed to punch the woman in the face and the pair fled.

Both mother and child were unhurt in the ordeal.

The couple from Skelmersdale, in Lancashire, have been arrested on suspicion of attempted abduction and are being interviewed by detectives.

-----------------------

Eeeek! Every mothers worst nightmare!
I'm so glad she punched her in the face!

OMG! What the hell! Some people are just mental. :(

If some1 tried that on me i would punch untill they had serious serious head injurys
:x :x :x :x

I can't believe some people these days, jeez, I bet the man and woman were just desperate people, its disgraceful, I'm so glad they didn't manage to take jazmine.

They should be locked up and never realised, they should never have the opportunity again to do what they did :x :x :x

There just seems to be more and more of this sort of thing happening, it really is scary.

It seems really random!

Was Jazmine known to the couple?

I wonder if it's one of these custody abduction things :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back