Worth changing formula??

twinkles

Reaction score
Hey!!
B is waking once, sometimes twice a night, she's on cow and gate milk, I use the hungry baby at night not that it's made a difference! Should I try her on hungry baby for her day milk too?? Or try a different formula?? Or does that not make a difference!! X

I don't know how true it is but my auntie told me that she thought you had to be on hungry milk all the time for it to work. Once I've finished my Aptamil first milk I'm moving O onto the hungry baby milk permanently.

How old is she? Has she always woken this many times at night or is this something new? Could it be for any other reason she wakes up? I think all formula is much the same in terms of cals and how filling it is, so I can't see changing brands making much difference for something like that to be honest.

She's 8 months, she's always woken once pretty much but she's drinking quite a lot so must be hungry! Maybe we should try hungry baby all day?! X

I'd be inclined to say try the hungry baby all day, I'm sure I was told once that mixing between hungry & normal milk can sometimes give them a wee dicky tum. Not always tho.
Hope you get it sorted!!xxx

I'd probably say ditch the hungry baby milk, and either use stage one, or follow on milk. The hungry baby milk shouldn't be used when weaning I think? It might be putting her off her food?
Some babies just don't sleep through the night. Are you happy shes eating/drinking enough? You could try giving her less and less milk every night? Maybe she's just thirsty. Have you tried a little water instead of milk and try to re-settle her.
I think about 8 months it's about breaking the habit of a night feed rather than them needing one xx

I switched ruby to hungry baby milk at 8 weeks old and it was the best thing I done . She was much more content and also started feeding every 3 hours rather than every 1.5/2 . A lot of people don't like hungry baby milk but for ruby it worked wonders . I did speak with my MW before I changed her milk. I took her off hungry baby milk at 11 months old she now has cows milk x x

I switched ruby to hungry baby milk at 8 weeks old and it was the best thing I done . She was much more content and also started feeding every 3 hours rather than every 1.5/2 . A lot of people don't like hungry baby milk but for ruby it worked wonders . I did speak with my MW before I changed her milk. I took her off hungry baby milk at 11 months old she now has cows milk x x

Hun, what's the reason some people don't like to give hungry baby milk? I'm just curious as I'm about to put O on it this weekend full time. He's a bit like Ruby, I really have to work to get him to the 3 hour mark.

Jack woke every night until he was 9 months and by then he'd gone from 1st milk, hungry baby and was then on follow on milk. His milk didn't make any difference to his sleeping at all. Then at dea on 9 months he decided he didn't need me to rock him to sleep and he slept through ever since! I think some babies just take longer to sleep through than others. Harry has wiken twice in the night since the day he was born and at 3 months isn't showing any signs of stopping just yet. You could try her on follow on milk but it never did anything for Jack. I'm not bothering with hungry baby for Harry i'll just move him on to follow on at 6 months. He has 5oz every 2.5-3hrs x

I'd probably say ditch the hungry baby milk, and either use stage one, or follow on milk. The hungry baby milk shouldn't be used when weaning I think? It might be putting her off her food?
Some babies just don't sleep through the night. Are you happy shes eating/drinking enough? You could try giving her less and less milk every night? Maybe she's just thirsty. Have you tried a little water instead of milk and try to re-settle her.
I think about 8 months it's about breaking the habit of a night feed rather than them needing one xx

I was told the same thing about hungry baby milk, it's for babies under 6 months and if she's hungry she probably needs more calories during the day from a mixture of first stage/follow on milk and solids. I thought Harry was still hungry and kept feeding him at night until 7 months until I realised he was walking out of habit, he has slept through ever since :) hope you find something that works for B Hun xxx

Hun, what's the reason some people don't like to give hungry baby milk? I'm just curious as I'm about to put O on it this weekend full time. He's a bit like Ruby, I really have to work to get him to the 3 hour mark.

It can cause severe constipation in very young babies according to my HV, as long as baby is over 8 weeks it should be fine, it worked really well for Harry upto 6 months when we were told to stop using it as it fills their tummies too much during weaning x

Greyson is almost 10 months and still wakes up in the night at least once - sometimes for an hour :O. I don't give him milk anymore though, just water.

Apparently though, they're more likely to wake for milk than for water. Maybe try for a few nights just giving her water when you'd usually give her milk? It didn't work for Greyson, it made him more unsettled (I only stopped giving milk a few weeks ago) - but it does work for some babies - perhaps worth a shot for B?

Oh and I took Greyson off hungry baby milk when I started weaning, as he just wasn't wanting food - wasn't even drinking all of his milk! So I switched back to first milk - didn't effect the night times, he woke exactly the same as he did.

Last edited:

Apparently it's hard to digest and can make a lot of baby's constipated . Xxx

I've been told by hv to increase LMs meals and snacks in the day, as she was waking any where between 2-5 times a night and drinking upto 18 oz in the night. She's eating more solids now and not having as much milk

If you don't think hungry baby milk makes a difference at night then u would be inclined to not user it at all xx

tapatalking x

I might call it a day on the hungry baby milk then! B has cut back a little on solids and I didn't think it could be because of the milk as she only has hungry baby at night and just follow on in the day! I will try stopping the hungry baby and go back to follow on and see if it makes a difference in the way that she eats more! Last night she drank 7oz at 4:30 am!
I've tried water and that backfired on me twice! I don't mind getting up once because I'm used to it now and Ive been working for last 5 months so I can cope, it would just be nice to get B to sleep through!!!!

Another problem is B is a tummy sleeper and every time she wakes at about 4am for the milk she is at the top of the cot, sideways stuck! She crawls up! So another problem is how do I get her to self settle when she's off crawling around in her cot?! X

LM had 8 oz last night, she's a monkey! She's started rolling about and ends up in funny positions. I just pop her on her back and give her the bottle and she drinks it herself and goes back to sleep x

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back