Hungry baby formula

Hunnie

Reaction score
We had another midwife appointment today and Sophie is only 60g off her original birth weight. Tonight she has managed to take a full 4oz of formula happily after we've worked up from 2 to then 3.

I'm thinking ahead more than anything and seeing how the next couple of days go, but do you think it would be better to try her eventually on the hungry baby formula if she continues to polish off the 4oz, or just up the oz of the formula we are already giving her?

Hey hun, I wouldn't up her oz any more than 4. I told my HV Tuesday that Harry sometimes takes 4oz and she instantly looked surprised and said to switch him to hungry baby! Check with yours first tho :) xx

I think I'll just see how she goes and if she continues to do it then I'll go for the hungry baby formula :)

I wouldn't go onto hungry baby yet. I've always been told by all MW's that when your LO starts finishing off the oz your on, you go up to the next one, tbh i've never heard not to do that before!! :eh:

Hmm I'm undecided now lol! Having another visit on Tuesday which isn't too far away so I'll ask her as well when she comes :)

I'm the same as littlemiss, my hv said hungry milk should only be used to try and delay weaning, my Lo has fluctuated with the amount he was taking, when he was about a month he was taking 6oz at almost every feed! It then went back down again so I put it down to a growth spurt, could your Lo be having a growth spurt? x

Both of my LO's started hbm at about 5/6 weeks, hv knew and was fine with it.
A change in milk can cause constipation though so maybe try upin an oz first and if LO is still looking for more then try hbm x x x

We did hungry baby milk when Thomas was taking 9oz at 7 weeks every 2 hours!!!! Other than that I would just up the oz until they feed very regular on full amount of milk xxx

its so funny how we all get told different things! my midwife and HV have both said that you should never use hungry milk, and should always stay on the first milk for the whole year, as the HBM is full of stodge that just makes them digest it slower and is not good for baby! we thought we would have to go on to the next milk as baby was eating loads, but then it turned out to be a massive growth spurt and he's consistent now.

I think every baby reacts differently to it and it just depends on the baby. For some it satisfies them from quite a young age for some it has a negative affect. I tried Phoebe on it for two days and it gave her 4 pooey nappies a day instead of her usual 1 and she kept being sick on it so I took her off it straight away x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

its so funny how we all get told different things! my midwife and HV have both said that you should never use hungry milk, and should always stay on the first milk for the whole year, as the HBM is full of stodge that just makes them digest it slower and is not good for baby! we thought we would have to go on to the next milk as baby was eating loads, but then it turned out to be a massive growth spurt and he's consistent now.

I was told this too along with other damage it apparently does.

Well she's gone the other way now and is spending more time sleeping than she is eating! I do her bottles with the water at night with 3oz in and just see if she finishes them or not. Sometimes it's only 1oz before she decides she's going back to sleep and I don't feel it right to wake her up all the time, if she wants to sleep she obviously needs it.

Put her in a sleep suit that we bought a week ago when she was born and it was really quite big on her. Tonight it fits her!!

I think I'll just stick with the formula we are on and go up and down the oz's as she wants to.

What age is your LO. Kayden used to do this alot. Untill he got to around 2months then he started guzzling, but before then he'd only take 2/3oz at a time & occasionally 4. They get tired very easy when they're young. I dont go up an oz unless LO has drained every bottle he's had for about 3 days

:)

She was a week on Friday. She's gone back to drinking all her 3oz again but I don't think it will last x

aww only a week - as long as they are drinking something at that age it doesn't matter how much. My LO drank 1-2oz for the first cpl of weeks then 2-4oz for a cpl of weeks.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back