worth asking for help or not?

jenna

Reaction score
Hmm since its coming up to the 1 year mark i was wondering about looking for help from doctors maybe? Im not sure wether it would be a good idea. Like people have said before many doctors just make excuses and say you have problems when you dont. I would want to see if anything is wrong but im also thinking that maybe waiting a while longer and seeing what happends might also work? But then again how long do i wait until i ask for help?

Any advice would be appreciated! :hug: im confused.

hey darlin, nice to have you back!! :wave:

im not sure tbh, but i have decided that if i dont get PG by December then i will go to the docs for advice etc.

it is your choice though hun, some people done get PG for a while, Danny's mum told me the other night it took her and his dad 2 years to concieve Danny and they didnt go to docs or anything so i suppose everyone is different darlin

:hug:

we went after a year and then was told to come back when it had been 18 months, but we went back again after 14 months and pushed for tests.

I think a year is the averagge before being tested but it depends on where you are?

Theres no harm in going anyway, telling them your TTC and for how long, that way they can go through your families history incase of any genetic risks (I had to be tested for beta thalasemia as OH is a carrier), get a general check up etc and get an idea of how long your particular surgery wants you to wait before testing.

Hey Jenna,

Would you consider charting? If it seems complicated I would be happy to help you out. There are loads of benifits.

Becs

Hi Jenna,

We went after one year and i had various tests carried out - it has been exactly 2 years now for me and my OH has got to have his test done. It can't hurt to go. My doctor did say to me well chart your cycles for a few months and come back - i told her that i had charted for the last year so she sent me for tests.

Good luck anyway -

Or just lie and say you have been trying for longer than you have :D

We had been TTCing for nearly 2 years, and it was starting to get me down...I was convinced there was something wrong with me, I was too old etc etc...

We had said we would go to the docs i we didnt concieve that month, and luckily it was the month I got my BFP!! I swear it was the fact we relaxed a bit and went on holiday, we werent really thinking about it as we had sort of set our minds that things were wrong etc (if that makes sene!)

I think the average time they recommend is 18 months of trying, 12 months if you are over 35 (dont quote me on that tho!), but thats a lifetime when you are so desperate for a bubba I know

Good luck chicken, I am rooting for you :hug: :pray:

i tried charting, my cycles are all over though so it didnt really help. It just made me really panicky when i had a long cycle.

Im just really worried about an operation DH has when he was little. He's seen a doctor about it a few months ago and he said everything was fine. But DH says that when he had it done there were a few complications. Im sure that the op was harmless TTC wise but im worried in his case it isnt. :think:
A few members of my family have had tests and have been told they are never going to have kids. Its devistating and is making this even harder. Im not sure im ready for any 'bad news'. I cant even imagine what there going through. I know some people are told they wont have kids and go on to have loads but some people dont. :cry:

If you have problems with your cycles then you dont have to wait a year to go, they should see you sooner. I'm the same, mine are all over the place. When i went to the doctor he refered me to the hospital straight away to get tests done. The nhs guidelines are that if you have any issues which could affect fertility then you shhould be refered for help before a year.

The only thing i would say is insist your OH gets checked out at the same time. They did everything a bit back to front with us. I had all my tests done and they couldn't find an explanation for my irregular periods which took about a year and then decided to do a sperm test. And now it looks like he may have some problems with his sperm as well. So more waiting for tests and results!!

I think you should go sooner than later, because everything takes ages with the nhs. We have been ttc for 16 months now and i went to the doctors the month we started and its taken up to now and we still haven't really got anywhere!

Sorry for the long post, i have a habit of waffling! Good luck with what you decide to do.

Michelle x

i think its very normal for you to think that there might be something wrong,but its not always the case. As the other girls said it can take some ppl up to a year to concieve, i think when u want something so bad you won't get. My saying is expect the unexpected. It wouldnt hurt to see the doctors maybe a family planning clinic, but try and relax a bit, stress is not good for your body. Good luck keep us updated. :hug:

Hiya

My brother in law and his wife took 3 years to conceive! they were just about to go to the doctors and look into fertility treatment and she fell pregnant and they now have a gorgeous little girl who is nearly 3 :D

So I think they just didnt think about it and she became pregant, so it can happen :)

Kate x

I know it can take some people aggggesss. Thats one reason why i dont want to see a doctor yet, I dont want to be told i have something wrong when i dont or it wont effect my fertility. I'll just get in a panik for no reason. But on the otherhand i dont want to wait and wait and then find i have a problem.

I think i might wait till early next year. :hug: Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back