worrying myself silly!

titch

Reaction score
:oooo:And I know that really Im being overparanoid and irrational about it BUT...

I work with children with complex special needs so in a lot of ways I know too much. When I was in labour with Morgan he became distressed and had 2 major prolonged decelerations in his heartrate before we we're whisked into surgery for an energency c section. The surgeon told my OH that he was very entangled in his cord poor thing! Immediately this worried me cos some of the children I work with who have cerebral palsy as a result of lack of oxygen during birth when entangled in their cord. I also know in my rational mind that a lot of babies are tangled and have no problems at all. But its just there in my mind.

And then he started having his feeding difficulties, he had no suck reflex at all for the first few days and now he does suck but its very weak, you can easily drop the teat out of his mouth when he's feeding, as a result he finds BFing really effortful and doesnt manage to get much milk. He also takes in loads of air cos his lips dont always close fully around the teat. On the other hand he has a really strong rooting reflex!

I was also worried when we were on the postnatal ward cos he was the sleepiest baby there by miles and I was actually sitting there bored and asking the other mums if I could cuddle their babies cos mine just slept all the time! :lol: he's perked up now which is a relief.

All these things are going around in my mind, and I darent tell OH cos I dont want to cause him unneccesary worry, but I really needed to offload!

Im gonna be a wreck if he's late in any of his milestones!

ohhh tiny, your baby boy will be just fine and you will love him however he turns out. dont worry now, enjoy him instead xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back