Worrying about weight at 40 weeks

Hazel

Reaction score
If I keep at this weight gain at the rate I'm going I'm going to be nearly 20 stone by the time I reach 40 weeks!!! :shock:
I wasn't light before but I was a size 16 and happy with that as I'm 5 10" and frequented the gym so was toned (in places :lol: ). I'm getting worried the midwife will weigh me soon and tell me I'm being a piggy porker. I'm now a size 18 in maternity jeans and still 16 top in the tall range in Dorothy Perkins but I just seem to be getting extremely heavy :( .
How can I slow this weight gain down?? I'm not worried about losing it after as I will run it off and it's not at all a vanity thing but it's ending up so heavy that I break the hospital bed and I'm actually embarassed to weigh this much :oops: .
The midwife looked shocked when she weighed me at my booking in and said I certainly didn't look 15 stone :shock: . I've mentioned it since about weight gain when I've seen her and she's laughed and said I look alright.

A long as you are eating right (as in not eating take-away every night or pigging out on sweeties) and you're still being as active as the pregnancy will allow you then i really think you have nothing to worry about :hug: :hug: wieght gain is an issue for most people, i feel so heavy now and its affecting my stamina, carrying around the extra weight means i'm getting worn out just walking up the 2 flights of stairs to bed!

Mention it to your midwife if it's worrying you but you dont sound like you've put on a rediculous amount.

It's not the weight gain I'm worried about it's the fact that I was heavy before. If the midwife doesn't have an issue then I don't either as I expect to put on weight and she wasn't overly bothered about my weight at the booking in as I'm not flabby and didn't look fat. I swear I'm getting big muscles in my thighs from carrying this belly around :lol: . In my younger days I was size 10 and 12 stone so I'm naturally solid :roll: .

I just read that back and haven't made my point clear :doh: .

Do you think I will get moaned at if I did hit 19 stone?? I'm obviously hoping not to as that would be a 4 stone weight gain but I know it could happen. I myself am not that fussed as I will lose it again after but I don't want to be lectured by anyone like I'm stupid as I will get the hump.

I would have thought that as long as you're still fit and healthy your actual weight wont matter, you looked very slim in your bump pic and your belly is definately all baby!
TBH my midwife wieghed me at my booking in and hasnt since, tbh you're probably a hell of a lot fitter then me even though i weigh a lot less, weight should onyl become a problem if its unhealthy and will cause problems with your pushing baby out, your stamina, or if you were put under a general for a C-section.

Obviously i can only go off your bump piccy but you certainly dont look unhealthy to me, if its bothering you though i would jsut casually mention it to the midwife next time you see her.

Cheers.

I haven't really bothered weighing myself as I look ok but last night I had to weigh the cat as he needed his worming pill so I held him while I stepped on the scale and thought my cat weighed 2 stone :shock: . He obviously doesn't and it's me that has put the weight on :lol: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back