worrying about my scan!

Kayley91

Reaction score
I've got my 20 week scan in 2 weeks and I can't stop worrying about it! I keep thinking they are going to find something wrong.

I know I'm probably being silly but I can't help it!

Please can someone kick some sense into me! Lol.

Xxx

I think it's only natural to worry, I'm pretty sure we all have. Just try not to stress out about it cause the chances are everything will be fine :) xx

Mine is also in 2 weeks and I am exactly same as you - keep convincing myself something will be very wrong! x

I was exactly the same! When I posted threads about it on here, all the ladies who had already had their scans said lots of reassuring things, and now I'm one of those ladies! I still can't believe I'm out the other side of that scary scan and everything was fine, when I was so convinced that there would be something wrong.

Something my sonographer said to me that really helped calm me down was that they find things wrong with babies so rarely, that it isn't actually cost effective for the NHS to still do 20 week scans. She said the only reason they still do them is because women have grown so accustomed to having them.

The only advice I can offer is don't google anything! I went down the list of anomalies that they look for and googled every single one and it was only after that that I started worrying so much. Ignorance really is bliss!!

Trust me, I really do know how you feel, so if you need to talk about this, feel free to private message me xx

It's a nightmare! Whoever says the worry gets better in tri 2 lied!! I think it's because my mum's friend's daughter had her 20 week scan and baby had no heartbeat.... it's just worrying me!

I'm sure we our bumps will be perfect. :D

xxx

I feel just the same - mine is 1 week today. There were a few sad stories on here which really shook me up. But as Juice says, it's so unlikely that anything will go wrong - I need to keep telling myself this :) xxx

I think anyone who's not at least a bit worried about their 20 week scan is lying to themselves a bit. You just have to try and get through it until you see your little monster wiggling about and it's heart beating well and can relax :)

Mines not tip July but I will definitely be worried!! Like the others said its only natural x

Mine is 2 weeks Friday. I'm with you..tri 2 is no easier than tri 1 lol.

I'm sure once our babies are here we will be worrying even more.

Chloe - I'm with you, I love this forum but it definitely shakes you up hearing all the sad stories :(.

Xx

im excautly the same ive got mine on thursday but i think im worrying even more as my last 20 weeks scan something was rong and my daughter didnt make it she was born at 20+5 but the chance of it happen to anyone includling myself are soo low i reli dont think lightening will strike twice for me but ive convinsed myself it will and i cant bond with this baby at the moment as im convinsed its not goin to make it :( xxxx

Ditto to what the other ladies have said.... My scan is next Monday and am beginning to really worry now. I just want our little baby to be okay and developing as it should etc... Don't think I will relax properly until after this scan. Xx

I've been really bad for weeks now so much so a couple of weeks ago I had a really bad panic attack and made myself. Feel really unwell I ended up getting a private detailed scan at 18+1 weeks cost me 200.00 but was so worth it i still have to have the NHS one and even tho my report says all appears normal I'm still worrying its also next mon and can come quick enough please try and relax as it really can make u feel unwell x

I feel the same. My 20w scan is at the end of next week. I've been counting down the weeks. Time is passing sooooo slowly. It's like torture. I can't look at the calendar / date without relating it all to the scan. Driving myself insane. Really worried there will be a problem such as a bad heart or underdeveloped brain.

Thanks ladies... I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I am totally convinced though that this baby is going to give me a heart attack before it's even here!!!

xxx

Mines tomorrow and I'm feeling a little nervous but stressing wont be good for either of you try not to. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back