cant stop worrying!

Constantstar

Reaction score
Honestly ladies I need someone to give myself a good kick up the arse, I can't stop worrying. I know its early but I haven't felt a proper kick or anything yet which is making me think- is baby ok ,is growing? I know I'm stressing myself and being silly because I can see I'm getting bigger etc and I know it is prob too early to feel kicks!. I just tried to change my scan to a week earlier as I'll be 19+5 [not 20 +5 when my actual scan is]but no free dates!!
Why do I do it to myself!!?? X

its completely normal babe, dont worry and try to relax :) i know its hard when you dont feel anything but remember that everyones different and you've got your scan soon which will put your mind at rest. Worrying is normal and shows that you care xx

I was worried not to have felt anything by my 20 week scan (had my scan at 20+1) but by 21 weeks I was feeling movements. Its natural to worry, I should know, I think I'm one of the biggest worriers on this forum! Lol

Xx

it was just after my 20 week scan when i started feeling proper movement which i think is pretty normal so i wouldnt worry hun x

awww i know what u mean i worry all the time i thought with this being my second i wouldnt be as bad but i think this time i am worrying more- I honestly have only just started feeling this one kick properly in the last 2 weeks b4 i kept thinking i felt little things but wasnt sure- When u next see ur midwife? I think every1 worries its somthing that cant be heped. x

Hi, I am 20 weeks and have felt a couple of things but no kicking.. I wasn't expecting to feel anything until around 22-24 weeks.. my OH thought he felt something when he rested his hand on my belly the other morning, but otherwise I am not expecting to much kicking at present.. I think it varies.. try not to worry xx

if its your first baby, then it can be any thing from 18 weeks to 26 weeks ive been told b4 you feel anything,

plus they are things like you may have your placenta at the front stopping you from feeling thing ect

its perfectly normal to worrie and im sure you will fine, you might just have a sleepy baby hahaha which is a good thing for when they are here, x x x

Thanks everyone!! :) ur all lovely! I've got my scan in 14 days which I'm sure will ease my fears! Its the not knowing which is getting to me and trusting mother nature to make bubs grow strong and healthy without seeing it happen is scary! Xx

i was about 18/19 weeks when i 1st felt my baby for sure and this is my 5th so dont worry x

Aww, poor you :( Try not to worry, some women don't fel movement till much later on, why don't you get your MW to listen in just to put your mind at rest? Have you got a doppler?

Honestly ladies I need someone to give myself a good kick up the arse, I can't stop worrying. I know its early but I haven't felt a proper kick or anything yet which is making me think- is baby ok ,is growing? I know I'm stressing myself and being silly because I can see I'm getting bigger etc and I know it is prob too early to feel kicks!. I just tried to change my scan to a week earlier as I'll be 19+5 [not 20 +5 when my actual scan is]but no free dates!!
Why do I do it to myself!!?? X

I didnt feel anything until about 19 weeks! Well, nothing I could be sure of anyway. And suddenly the day before my scan, she was fluttering around like mad. And I only felt my first proper kick last night.

I was worried senseless too! So telling you not to worry won't help. Just try to relax & get yourself excited. I laid on my back on the carpet night after night waiting to feel something & then when i least expected it, she moved :)

No doppler was considering but I know I'd cause myself more panic if I xouldnt find the hb!! Midwifes not till 28 weeks!!x

No doppler was considering but I know I'd cause myself more panic if I xouldnt find the hb!! Midwifes not till 28 weeks!!x
I wanted one to but like u i would worry so much so never bothered.. x

Constantstar you are just six days behind me and until about a week ago I was exactly the same as you. I was worried because I couldnt be sure if I had felt it or not. Now only in the last three or four days I'm about 95% sure it's the baby I can feel wriggling around in there (either that or I've got serious wind/digestion issues).

The midwife I saw at 16 weeks said I should expect to feel it for the first time between 20 - 22 weeks. then a different midwife last week asked me if I'd felt it at all yet.

I felt nothing at all until well after 20 weeks, like 23-24 weeks. Then I felt not much compared to what other people seemed to feel. Then I got myself a bit panicked comparing myself to other people and rang midwife the other day, she said to have a bath and hot drink etc and try to monitor movement - didn't feel owt so went in and literally as soon as I lay down and she put the doppler thing on my belly, the baby hoofed it off! Made me look like a right nervous nelly! She said that some people just don't feel it as much as others and not to worry basically. If you're only about 19 weeks it could be a while yet so try not to stress about it (easier said than done as I proved to myself) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back