Worried

TeeUK

Reaction score
I know I've said it before and I know it's common not to feel pregnant at this stage and I shouldn't worry but.....

I can't help it...I just don't feel pregnant and not finding heart beat with doppler isn't helping. I just have this horrible feeling something is wrong :(

I am thinking of going to docs Monday morning to see if they will have a listen..but worried that they won't and will just tell me to wait for my next scan...also worried that they won't find it and I will have to go through a load of anxiety...midwife said I should start to feel movement soon, but I am reading some don't feel it till over 20 weeks!

I am not getting and round ligament pain,don't get pain when I get up quick, occasional shooting pain in boobs that's it...surely I should be feeling something?

I just feel empty inside and completely normal...it's doing my head in!

p.s was just looking how you should feel at 16 weeks and noticed a few things that I have but didn't really take much notice of....stuffy nose, itchy skin esp face, sciatica, outbursts of emotion

Last edited:
I'm my on my phone so can't see how far on you are - but I felt like this for a good while between 12 & 20 weeks. It's such a long time with not a lot obvious happening.

Don't fret about not finding the heartbeat. It might be too early. My mw unit don't even attempt to find it till your 24 week app - because they say it can still be difficult even for them before this and if they can't find it mothers will panic.

I first felt movement at 17weeks, but my mum was really shocked by this - 20 years ago they told you not to expect it before 22weeks.

I know it's hard, but it will get better.
Xxx

Aaaw hun you have urself stressed to the max!! I didnt feel a.kick or any movement until nearly 20 weeks .. I didnt have any.siclness to.tind me I wsd pregnant just headaches. Im sure everything is fine .. Shud u not have a midwife app this week.or very soon to listen to heartbeat?? Ive said it before but from 12 to 20 weeks things get very botimg .. Even ifu feel the very bottom of jr stlmach u might ferl its different??

I'm my on my phone so can't see how far on you are - but I felt like this for a good while between 12 & 20 weeks. It's such a long time with not a lot obvious happening.

Don't fret about not finding the heartbeat. It might be too early. My mw unit don't even attempt to find it till your 24 week app - because they say it can still be difficult even for them before this and if they can't find it mothers will panic.

I first felt movement at 17weeks, but my mum was really shocked by this - 20 years ago they told you not to expect it before 22weeks.

I know it's hard, but it will get better.
Xxx

Thank you :) I'm 16 weeks today

Aaaw hun you have urself stressed to the max!! I didnt feel a.kick or any movement until nearly 20 weeks .. I didnt have any.siclness to.tind me I wsd pregnant just headaches. Im sure everything is fine .. Shud u not have a midwife app this week.or very soon to listen to heartbeat?? Ive said it before but from 12 to 20 weeks things get very botimg .. Even ifu feel the very bottom of jr stlmach u might ferl its different??

Thank you :) ...they don't do 16 week checks where I am midwife said she won't be out to see me till 21 weeks :eh:

When I lay down tummy feels a little fuller...I posted pics on 2nd tri bump pics, as I had a big tummy before I got preg it's hard to tell.

Try not to worry hun, even midwifes struggle to find the heartbeat this early on sometimes, that's why a lot of places don't even look until you are further along to avoid any undue worry or stress. It's not good for the baby.

I didn't feel proper movements until about 18 weeks and only today felt a kick with my hand, so you have plenty of time to feel baby moving.

Just try not to worry! x x

Last edited:
I had an appointment at 16 weeks - and it was the fastest one. Just a quick chat - how are you keeping etc. I asked my midwife at that one about hearing heartbeat - cos some of the girls on here had it done as standard - and thats when i was told about there 24 week rule - cos they can have problems finding it at 16 weeks.

xxx

Tee, try not to worry Hun, I know it's hard. I made the mistake of buying a Doppler at 13 weeks and it took me till 18 weeks to find a heartbeat! It caused me a lot of extra worry. The day we found it my OH had to persuade me to try as was terrified we wouldn't find it but we did and was great. I also have never had many symptoms, no sickness etc Had a few stretching and growing pains. Around about the time we felt the heart beat I started feeling small popping sensations above my bikini line which have slowly progressed to fully blown kicks, I would say they have only been regular for the last week or so. I still worry if I've not felt her kick for a while!

I think between 14 and 18 weeks is a quiet time in some pregnancies, everything will start to happen soon Tee, I'm loving it now I've got a bump and can feel movement!

Take care xxx

Tee, try not to worry Hun, I know it's hard. I made the mistake of buying a Doppler at 13 weeks and it took me till 18 weeks to find a heartbeat! It caused me a lot of extra worry. The day we found it my OH had to persuade me to try as was terrified we wouldn't find it but we did and was great. I also have never had many symptoms, no sickness etc Had a few stretching and growing pains. Around about the time we felt the heart beat I started feeling small popping sensations above my bikini line which have slowly progressed to fully blown kicks, I would say they have only been regular for the last week or so. I still worry if I've not felt her kick for a while!

I think between 14 and 18 weeks is a quiet time in some pregnancies, everything will start to happen soon Tee, I'm loving it now I've got a bump and can feel movement!

Take care xxx

Thank so very reasurring :)

Hugs hun you will be fine, have you tried looking for it after a nice warm bath and a fuller bladder? I never had my heartbeat checked at my midwife appointment at 16 weeks as I had two there (midwife and a trainee) and they were all over the place as they were filling in.

Oh, sweetheart, try not to worry. I don't feel pregnant at all, apart from a little bump and the odd 'blip' kind of feeling in my tummy that may or may not be wind, and I'm nearly 19 weeks. It's a real shame your midwife doesn't do a 16 week appointment. Even at mine, she said it can sometimes be difficult to find the heartbeat. If you're carrying a bit of weight over your bump too, that can really affect how easy it is to find it. I would suggest that you don't try again with the doppler, just put it away and try not to work yourself up about it. It's normal to worry, but try not to let it get the better of you. Just relax and that will be better for your baby than being stressed out. :hugs: xxx

Try not to worry but I know its easier said than done. I constantly worried about this and bought a doppler but I couldn't hear anything. This made me panic because a lot of people said they had heard heartbeat at that time. I didn't start to feel movements until end of week 18 and first little kicks were around end of week 20. And it was week 21 that I finally heard her heartbeat on doppler. Good luck hun xx

Thank you girls...I'm sending doppler back and just going to try not to worry...nothing I can really do about it, i'm sure in a couple weeks I'll be complaining about aches and pains lol

The exact reason i didnt buy a doppler, also makes it more fun to hear it at the midwifes appointment. Try and relax and insist to your doctor or midwife you would like to hear the hb for reassurance. Its a funny stage being between 12 and 20 weeks, ive just got used to the fact he/she is kicking away in there and panic when i dont feel anything x

Got an appointment at doc's at 10:50am today I really hope she will have a go with doppler....fingers crossed!

I'm sure everything is ok hun. I only started feeling 'bubbles' at 18 weeks. There wasn't much going on at 16weeks - I felt normal! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back