WORRIED

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Morning All,

I am abit worried at the moment cause I have had a few pregnancy related infections... Urine infection and now thrush :oops:
So I have had my system pumped with various pills etc, as well as taking paracetomal for my headaches. I am abit worried all these things might harm my baby, I know the doctor has prescribed them but I still worry abit.
Plus I am at that weird stage of pregnancy where I don't feel anything and my tummy hasn't changed so I don't feel pregnant anyway!

Sorry to moan on but I needed to get that off my chest!

:hug:

Hi

Treatments for thrush and urine infections have no effect on the baby so you can stop worrying about that. And paracetamol taken moderatly won't hurt either, i too have ben taking them for headaches. And i'm almost at the same stage as you, it seems my bumps there but not doing anything, can't feel the baby move so i too am wondering whether i am still pregnant!!

Its horrrible hun but we're nearly at the stage now where we will hopefully feel our little bundles move!!

Take care

Claire

Hi Vicky,

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Firstly, the doctors wouldn't give you medication if they thought it would harm the baby.

My sister suffered from severe hyperemesis in all her pregnancies (meaning she was sick 10-15 times a day and was hospitalised and given intravenous medication). Women who suffer from hyperemesis are normally given the drug Zofran which is so strong it is normally only used to treat cancer patients. She took this for approximately 8 weeks in all her pregnancies (bar this one as it has not worked). Both her little boys were born completely normal and have absolutely no problems and they are 5 and 3 respectively and lively, intelligent, funny little boys. I doubt the drugs you are being given are as strong as Zofran so I really wouldn't worry!

Hope you feel better and have a lovely weekend.

:hug:

my stomache never changed till i was 13 1/2 weeks then it suddenly popped out it has been much later for some on here.

I wonder when i will feel LO move but think while i can't feel it don't have to worry if i then don't feel it.

Tc

Don't worry hun. Babies are tough little buggers :D I ate so many headache tablets & antibiotics in my pregnancy I was a walking pharmacy :lol: and everything is fine with our boy.
If you didn't take pills for the infections & it got worse thats more harmful, so its fine.

Give it a few weeks & you will probably start to feel flutterings in your tum (i.e baby :D ) then a few more and your bump will appear.

Awwwwww, me too! It is a worry, but as Nicki says if these things develop that can actually be worse for the baby, so by looking after yourself, you're looking after baby :) The thing is that the placenta provides the baby with an awful lot of protection against all sorts of thing, that's even if the medicine is actually absorbed into your body. Many medicines will only act on the part of the body they've been applied to as well, so the chances of your baby being exposed to them are really, really tiny.

I'm having to use potent steroid creams, asthma inhalers and anti-fungal and anti-biotic creams. I've also had to have a course of anti biotics for a uti. to be fair the 20 week scan was a relief, despite the fact that all my drs have reassured me it's fine. It is tricky, but we do have to look after ourselves during pregnancy as well. :hug: I reckon it makes you a better mum my to be because you're thinking about this stuff :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back