Worried now - think I found hb but it doesn't seem fast enough??!

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi, thanks to those who advised me on using my doppler - I'm sure I found the hb now (it does sound like a chugging train!) but I counted the beats and they don't seem fast enough - I thought baby's hb was supposed to be very fast - worried now. I counted 16 beats in 10 seconds which makes 96 beats in a minute - I though it was supposed to be faster??!

Is it ok??

i still cant get mine on doppler either. im not worried saw it on scan but would be nice to be aable to listen. i think my little one is hiding x

Actually think I just picked up my own hb :( maybe my little one is hiding too.... Guess it's still pretty small, so hard to find.... Glad you finally got your scan island mum :) xxx

Actually think I just picked up my own hb :( maybe my little one is hiding too.... Guess it's still pretty small, so hard to find.... Glad you finally got your scan island mum :) xxx

Please please don't panic about not being able to find it sweet.

Babys got soooo much room to hide in there, and is probably being a devil for you hehe.

Give it a few days and try again! The babys HB is very much quicker than yours, it sounds like you picked up your own but don't worry, when you find it you'll know...
Some ladie's bubba's move as soon as they've found it! Little buggers!

ceebee, it does sound like you picked up your own heart beat....babys heart beat will sound something like a very fast train! lol Your still quite early on, so it could just be too soon to hear it with the doppler, or it could just be where the baby is lying. You will usually find it very low down, and if you find the placenta which will sound like a whooshing sound on the doppler, baby wont be too far away.....
I didnt even try to listen to my babys heartbeat until about 17 wks...and had no problem then. Maybe wait a week or so and then try xxx

yeah my little one was beating at 145 hb's per minute but that was the midwife doing it then it hid and could not be found LOl that was at my 16 week appt i think

Hi, as the others have said, it does sound like you found yours. There are several major blood vessels that will project our own hb. MW's dont recommend looking before 16 weeks as they are still potentially difficult to find.

I found my LO's better if I had a full bladder and stomach and was lying completely flat. It started off being much lower than I expected, literally just above the pubic bone and to the right slighty. Start in the middle and slowly inch your way across to one side then back over to the other. I had to press in quite hard at first which was uncomfortable so I would recommend that you do that.

But there could be loads of other reasons as to why you're not hearing it, such as placenta position, babys position, you may have made it really snuggly in there for them.
xx

I found it!!! :D :D I went much closer to my public bone and moved very slowly and there it was! Definitely a lot faster than mine.... What an amazing sound :) can't wait til DH comes home and I can show him....

Thanks for the advice girls :) xxxxxxxxxx

I found it!!! :D :D I went much closer to my public bone and moved very slowly and there it was! Definitely a lot faster than mine.... What an amazing sound :) can't wait til DH comes home and I can show him....

Aww that's great!!
Its the loveliest sound ever isn't it?! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aww that's great!!
Its the loveliest sound ever isn't it?! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Definitely is :) think it might become my new hobby :) xxx

Fantastic news hun.

Pip still runs away and hides from me! But I'm getting clever and just listen for the kicks and Pip is never far away. x

you're best off not counting the HB for 10 secs then multiplying it, as it isn't an accurate figure. If you are going to count it, do it for a full 60 secs. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back