Baby's Heartbeat?

Charmed

Reaction score
Well I bought my angelsounds doppler a couple of weeks ago but finally gave in to temptation today and tried it out.

I tried it firstly low down slightly to my right and found a heartbeat, counted it to 82 beats in a minute and realised it was my own heartbeat.

Then I moved it towards the middle, still very low down and found a much faster heartbeat and counted 168 beats in a minute, it sounded like a train.

Could that be baby's heartbeat, I know I'm only 10 weeks so I'm wondering if theres anything else that could make that heartbeat noise.

Can't help getting excited though. :D

i think thats the babys heart beat!! and dont they say a train sound is a boys heartbeat?!

that definately sounds like it was baby's heartbeat to me. I always find mine right low down in the middle and it's always around the 160 mark and sounds like a train.......except for the other day when it sounded like galloping horses :think:

Sometimes you can hear a swishing noise which means it is the blood going through the placenta rather than the heartbeat but if it sounded like a train there's a good chance it was the heartbeat.

I always think that even if it was the blood in the placenta it's the still babies heartbeat that is making it pump around so it's practically the same thing!

I'm so excited, can't wait till Hubby comes home so he can hear it. :D

Yes, I've heard a train could be a boy and galloping horses could be a girl. :D I don't mind either way though. :D

I'm grinning like mad now. :D

It is fab...... just watch you don't get too addicted to it though!!

I've also found now that because my baby is getting bigger and stronger but still has loads of room it doesn't keep still for more than a few seconds before it moves away so I'm finding it much harder to get the heartbeat than I did when it was smaller!!

The horrible think is when I put the doppler on and there's nothing there..... I know I've said that I won't panic because loads of times the HB disappears on me while I'm listening, but there's still that split second of worry passes over me! I always find it in the end though....even if it is only fleetingly.

I found Casey's heartbeat at 10wks :)

Dont listen to the old wives tales about telling the sex though girls! Casey's heartbeat was always around 150 - 160 bpm and wasnt like a train at all so we thought we were having a girl... then we got told at 2 scans that we were having a girl... EllieBump became Casey because we had a BOY :hug:

Yep, def sounds like it was the baby - my little Smudge's heartbeat was 176 when I had a scan so the figures make sense. How exciting! :dance:

Actually, your post is making me think about getting one myself. Where did you get yours and approx how much are they? xx

I got mine on Ebay for £23.99 including postage.

I've read in other posts that not everyone hears it this early so please don't worry if you get one and can't find the heartbeat. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back