Heard baby for first time!

peanut1982

Reaction score
Postie just brought me a proper aAngelsounds doppler and I've heard babies heartbeat! Sounds like a little train and counted about 145 beats a minute. :cheer: Must look up the old wives tales, does that predict a girl or boy?

Was a bit worried to start with as was picking up a really strong heartbeat but didn't seem nearly fast enough to be babies, guess it must have been my own. Is it normal for it to be really strong down there?

OH is just in for lunch so must let him have a listen!

:dance:

yay... it's fab. I found mine last week for the first time too. I found it really low down.... literally just above my pubic bone.

When I was searching higher I could hear my own heartbeat but it's much much slower than the bean's so it's unmistakable when you hear the baby's.

The old wives tale is that if the hearbeat is below 140 it's a boy and above is a girl. Also if it sounds like horses it's a girl and if it sounds like a train it's a boy.

Although.....I have a friend who's definaltely having a boy (she's had 3 scans to confirm it) and his HB is always 144 - 156 and sounds just like galloping horses!!!!!

Mine was 152 - 158 and sounds like a train too. I think I'm having a boy but everyone I meet seems to think it's a girl.

Aw that's lovely Chrissy, it's so amazing hearing it! OH off back to work with a smile on his face!

Babies heartbeat seems to be to the left side, was just in line with my belly button, although after I went for a pee it's much lower just above pubic bone now! My own heartbeat is really clear on the right hand side.

Going to be difficult to restrain myself from going back for another listen this afternoon! Must try and make a recording later so I can listen to that instead of disturbing baba too much!

My babies heartbeat sounded like a train and the wifes tale turned out to be correct has he is indeed a little man.

So nice when you hear it for the first time though.

Awww lovely :D i can't wait to hear bloblet's heart beat :) next week hopefully :pray: really happy for you honey :) :hug: xxx

so happy for you, its a real assurance when you hear the heartbeat.

My husband is so looking forward to the kicks that he can feel.

Aww that's great :D Definitely get a recording and post it so we can all hear too :D

I'm so jealous, I bought my angelsounds doppler from ebay 10 days ago and it still isn't here yet. I'm getting so impatient now. I just can't wait to hear baby, I think I'm gonna get a bit addicted to it when it does finally arrive!

Congrats on finding it hun, I bet it's an amazing feeling x

wow, that's amazing!!! It's not difficult to make out at all hun :cheer:

Aw thanks Jen, glad you could hear it! Speakers on my laptop aren't very loud so was struggling to hear it properly here, it's amazing on the doppler tho!
Suddenly starting to believe there really is a little person inside me, even after the scans it didn't seem real but starting too :cheer: Can't wait to feel it moving now!
S xx

Cool, that is definitely like a train :cheer: Sounds so cute :)

it is the best sound i have ever heard!! i must remember to wear waterproof mascara for the next time i hear my angel!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back