Worried..line faint on second test

frankie247

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I thought as I'd got a spare test I would take it and I wish I hadn't.

For my first positive test, I tested mid afternoon and got a clear but faint line, in as much that it wasn't as dark as the control line.

This morning I used fmu to take the test and although it was also positive the line was so faint you can barely see it.

I'm worried now that the hormone is decreasing and I'm going to miscarry. I lost my last pregnancy at the scan - there was No heartbeat.

Has anyone had anything similar and gone on to have a healthy and successful pregnancy or is it already coming to an end. My cycles are dodgy so at the earliest I'm 4 weeks or I'm 4 weeks and 5 days.

Thanks all

I personally don't know but i found this:

9. I took another test and the line is lighter. Does this mean anything? Should it get darker? Not necessarily. In general, the positive line will be darker when a greater amount of hCG is present in the urine, but not always. Some tests contain more or less dye (meaning there is just more or less color to "stick" to your hCG.) Some tests are more or less sensitive-- even 2 tests in the same box can be different. Also, your urine may have more or less hCG in it depending on what you ate or drank, or how long it's been since you last peed. Food itself does not cause false results, but can affect how much urine you have and how dilute it is. Eating salty chips and drinking caffeine all day will result in more concentrated pee, whereas gorging on watermelon and ginger ale will result in lots of very dilute pee. But an HPT is not meant to tell you "how" pregnant you are. It only tells you if you are pregnant or not. As long as there is a line in the results window, you are pregnant. Some women experiencing early miscarriages do notice their lines getting fainter or disappearing entirely, but even if your line gets fainter, it is not a guarantee that you are miscarrying, or that anything is wrong.

http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html#9

So, i would say it doesn't necessarily mean squat that the line was lighter although i can understand why you are worried. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Different people have stronger levels of hormones at different times of the day and not always necessarily first thing in the morning. My tests were always darker, in the early days, in the middle/late afternoon.

Also, HPT's can all differ in the amount of die they have in them so some might not be as dark as others anyway.

All a HPT can detect is whether there are pregnancy hormones in your body, not how much there is.

Please try not to worry hun, easier said then done I know but just try to accept that a BFP is a BFP, no matter what darkness the test :)

My bfps were always darker in the evening that the morning Hun

I stupidly did this and got myself right paranoid like you as the line was fainter. Each test can vary with the dye in it even from the same pack and your wee can be different each time. A line is a line however faint it is so please don't stress and worry x

I was exactly the same too. My first few you could barely see there was a line at all. xx

thanks all, trying to not worry but its easy said than done.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you as I can see why you are worried, although a line is a line . x

Aww Hun try not to worry too much my first test I did early hours in the morning coz oH couldn't wait it was very faint line didn't know if I was seeing things or not then I did 1 nxt day fmu an again very faint I booked in at drs just in case had to wait a wk for appointment so decided to do another test the day before I went & it was as clear as day when I went for my 12 wk scan I also found I was only 8 wks so 1st tests were obviously done very early at about 3 wks, hope that puts your mind at ease :)

hpt's dont measure amount of hgc just wether its there r not, a line is a line no matter the strength of the dye. this has happened to others on here before and we all say step away from the tests! they cause worry for no reason, you got a bfp, thats all they can tell you im afraid

Im guilty of this too!! Mine were darker in the afternoon aswell and mine didnt seem to get darker at all for a good 5 days or more but now they are getting good and strong (now im past AF due date) im embarrassed to admit i am still testing everyday but only because theyre there but i wish i wouldnt because when the line is light i panic but it does feel good when you see the good lines too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back