Worried he isn't eating enough!

babyjay1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my LO just isn't a food person at all and it's soooo frustrating.

He''ll have ready brek (any cereal) for b/fast which he does seem to eat most of the time. For lunch he'll either have some home cooked food or 1/2 a 7month + jar which he'll only have a few spoonfuls of and a yoghurt. Dinner is pretty much the same as lunch. He still refuses most lumps too.

He does have his 20oz of milk a day so that's ok.

I've tried toast, bread and cream cheese, omlettes ect. but he just plays with it, has a chew and spits it out.

Just wondered if anyone's in the same boat or can offer any advise......please :pray:

Brody only ate very little at this age too, they won't starve themselves though, don't worry.
Even now I find he just picks at his lunch mainly. Instead I try to give him healthy snacks like fruit every now and again instead of sitting him down for big meals.

Ellie was / is the same. Though bthe last month or so I have seen a significant improvement. A couple of things have made a differece. 1 is giving Ellie lots of different little meals. For her evening meal I would give her a bit of puree, then give her whatever we were eating to feed herself. The other thing was letting her feed herself (even though she spilt half of it) she is so independant she wants to do it herself and doesn't want to let me feed her.

Jake is 9 months old and isn't a big eater most of the time either. An average day is

Bowl of cereal(Ready Brek, Hipp a Bisc etc)

1/2 of a 7 month+ jar and a small yogurt

Home made food(usually an Annabel Karmel recipe and the same portion size as 1/2 of a 7 month+ jar).

Jake also has three bottles of formula a day but how much he has varies each day. Some days Jake will have 20oz or more but then the next day he might only have 15oz or a bit less. I wouldn't worry too much as long as he is still taking 20oz of formula and eating something. Sometimes if Jake is having a day where he isn't very interested in food he will eat 2 or 3 yogurts in a row instead of savoury but then atleast I know that he has had something. Try mixing finely grated cheese, carrot, apple etc in to pureed food to get your LO more used to lumps.

Aimee was the same. She has never been a big eater and up till 12 months or so when she was still on baby jars she would only have half a jar for her meal. She would only have about 8oz of milk through the whole day to. She would drive me mad. Even now she hardly eats, she just plays with her food so you can't tell how much shes eaten and only has 4oz of milk a day. Shes fine though, always on the go so she must be getting enough from somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back