fao jar mummies and stage 2 jars

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
Hi all :wave:

just wondered how much your baby was eating of these ? or if there not on jars how much are there eating at about 8.5 months ? ive just brought some stage 2 jars for him to try as his come on great guns with finger foods and hoping he does same for lumpy foods :pray: but dont now how much of the jar he should have ?
he currently has
for brekkie , a stage 1 jar , or cereal
lunch , a stage 1 veggie jar and fromage frias ( or finger food)
dinner , a stage 1 meaty jar and a stage 1 dessert

and this seems enough , but obviously half of the stage 2 doesnt add up to a whole stage 1
so how much is your lil ones eating ?

ok so he's younger than leland and not on jars but this is what connor eats on a typical good day:

breakfast - 3/4 bowl full of 4 grain porridge; 1 slice of wholemeal toast
lunch - a few cherry tomatoes, some cucumber sticks, a couple of babybel cheeses, a couple of breadsticks with houmous; 1 plum
dinner - 3/4 bowl of tuna pasta in tomato & cheese sauce; 1 fruit yoghurt and 1 banana

on a bad day, he'll play with all of it, mush it around then throw it on the floor :roll: :lol:

maybe just go by however much leland wants to eat?? i let connor dictate how much he wants - he keeps going if he's hungry, but makes it v obvious if he's had enough.

Hi G3M,

Jacob has been on stage 2 jars since 7 months old. He's really good with lumpy foods. On a good day he usually has the following:

Breakfast - 1 weetabix or a bowl of porridge both with cows milk
Dinner - Stage 2 jar (usually all of it!) or something i've made such as scrambled eggs and toast then a fromage frais or fruit
Tea - Stage 2 jar (all of it again!) or whatever i've made such as a chicken dinner or pasta bake then rice pud or custard pot or something!

He also has 3 7oz bottles during the day although he doesn't normally drink all of them.

He's a good little eater, last time he was weighed (a few weeks ago) he was 19lb 12oz following the 75th centile line perfectly.

I hope that helps :hug:

God looking at what everyone else's babies are having ryan eats hardly anything!!!! lol He has a yoghurt or fruit puree or rusk for breakfast and about half a jar for dinner :| oh and maybe the odd finger food

littlepip said:
God looking at what everyone else's babies are having ryan eats hardly anything!!!! lol He has a yoghurt or fruit puree or rusk for breakfast and about half a jar for dinner :| oh and maybe the odd finger food

i wouldn't worry hon! solid food between 6-12 months is more about exploring taste & texture than calories & nutrition. connor is crawling everywhere, and cruising furniture now too - he doesn't stay still for a moment - so i guess that's why he generally eats quite a lot.

just go with what ryan wants. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

purple13 said:
littlepip said:

i wouldn't worry hon! solid food between 6-12 months is more about exploring taste & texture than calories & nutrition. connor is crawling everywhere, and cruising furniture now too - he doesn't stay still for a moment - so i guess that's why he generally eats quite a lot.

just go with what ryan wants. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree, don't worry about Ryan! As long as he's gaining weight he'll be fine :hug:

Jacob does eat quite a bit but he's never still!!! Even though he's not crawling yet, he's always kicking, bouncing, rolling and dancing :dance: so I guess he needs the energy! Although, he just could have a big appitite like his Mammy :oops: :lol:

Lovella has...

8am- Weetabix OR mashed fruit OR baby cereal.

11am- 7oz Bottle.

2pm- Stage 2 190g Hipp Organic jar food & 60g Little Star fromage frais OR home made meal.

5pm- Stage 2 190g Hipp Organic jar food OR home made meal.

7pm- 8oz Bottle & bedtime.

It was the same when she was 8 1/2 months :)

( Im putting her on Stage 3 soon)

Hollys is as follows

7am - 8oz bottle

8am - weetabix or baby cereal or toast with jam or scrambled egg

11.30am - lunch usually something homemade either here or at nursery which is a savoury dish followed by fruit or yoghurt

1-2pm a snack either fruit or rice cakes

4.30pm tea (as lunch)

she often has another snack about 6pmish but not always

7.30pm 8oz bottle then bed

She does occassionally have Hipp stage 2 jars and if she does will usually eat the whole lot..

thanks girls , well we had one for dinner tonight , it gobbled it up and it was neo pasta so i was really shocked as it was actually lil pasta rings ! gave him about 3/4 of a pot followed by fromage frias , i think i might do it so he has a full stage 2 and fromage at night , and a 2 x stage 1 for lunch ( main + dessert ) , dunno ill just follow his lead !

Kyran cant stand stage 2 jars he hates lumpy puree with a passion.

For breakfast he eats a whole weetabix and toast

for lunch he'll have a pureed dinner. i make him the equivalent to a stage 2 jar if not it might be more :think:

maybe a banana or rusk or something as a snack in between

for tea he has finger foods, like today he had half a bagel with cream cheese and ham on. couple rice cakes and half a rusk.

hes fitted in two yoghurts somewhere in between to! eats like a horse! but is still only 18lbs!

if lelands happy and content after a stage 1 size meal then id say thats fine for him. if hes good with stage 2 maybe at 1 meal see if he'll eat a whole one, if he doesnt you'll no hes doing just fine on the amount you give him.

Hows leland doing anyway?! i think we need to see some more piccies! hows his crawling doing?! he seemed to progress so quickly from not sitting to suddenly racing around crawling! clever boy! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back