Does he eat too much?

noodle1

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Tom has been eating solids for about 2 months now. He loves his food and never refuses anything (apart from parsnip which I completely understand :puke:!)

He has a pot of fruit and maybe a yogurt for breakfast with approx 5oz milk, 128g jar of food for lunch with the same amount of milk, another jar of food for tea with the same amount of milk and a 7oz bottle of milk before bed.

He is not putting on excessive amounts of weight, he is following the line in his red book nicely.

I just wondered if I am giving him too much food and not enough milk or too much milk with the food.

It's all so new and confusing! I can't talk to my health visitor, she is utterly useless!

:?

Nikki x

My opinion is that "if it aint bust, dont fix it"! I am surprised that you started weaning before three months from what you say, but it seems to have worked for you. He sounds as if he has a healthy appetite, and is enjoying the "food thing" Good for you! :lol:

Lisa

Tia was exactly the same....and I weaned her early too around 2 months adn 3 weeks... She followed her 91st centile in her red book nicely only dropping below it at 9 months when she got meningitis... and she gained it all back... :) She has been a hungry child... but she is by no means fat... (in fact she's always been a skinny little thing, and people have always asked me if I feed her :roll: ) and its only recently that she has started to turn her nose up at things... which I think is school related... because at one time I couldn't stop her eating peas and now she won't touch them with a barge pole...:roll:

Tbh if he is eating fine.... and he is not overweight, then, like mamchuli said, if it ain't broke don't fix it... I would say that what you are giving him is fine. Not all children are the same... some can make it to 6 months without solids... others can't...

All I can remember is that my HV said that I need to remember to offer plenty of fluids too... such as boiled water to aid digestion because they can get constipated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back