Favourite sweets as a child

Flossy82

Reaction score
Sorry i couldnt help but think of this looking at the other posts just thinking what were our favourite sweets as a kid hmmm i had loads but i remember when opal fruits (now starburst) use to be a favourite of mine and as a kid to going to the sweety shop to buy our 1 penny sweets about 25p's worth and having to make them last all week always thought that was a bit unfair but it sure did make them last longer too! And i also remember Hubab Buba to coming in all different flavours and only being 10p a packet!! Oh my how times have changeg on us!!! Would be good to know everyone's favourite's if they had any? :D

God I should really be doing something else these threads are sucking me in.

OK:

Mojo's
Black jacks
Flying saucers
cola bottles
cherry lips
them pink shrimp things (!)
Wham bars that stuck your teeth together
that popping candy stuff that made your mouth explode.
Does anyone remember "Pacers" They were like opal fruits but they were minty and were white and green striped, God I loved 'em!

1p sweets were the best and hubba bubba,they did a fizzy drink which was yum too!! Did anyone collect those 'garbage pail kids' cards,the really horrible ones???,you used to get a stick of gum with them. They were such a craze at my primary school!!! xx

I laughing so much reading this, I still buy hubba bubba and had the popping candy last week. The shop sold out and hasnt had any back in and im going to choke the wee man if he doesnt re order.

Laura.

nikki1306 said:
1p sweets were the best and hubba bubba,they did a fizzy drink which was yum too!! Did anyone collect those 'garbage pail kids' cards,the really horrible ones???,you used to get a stick of gum with them. They were such a craze at my primary school!!! xx

I had a million Garbage pail kids cards!

nikki1306 said:
Did anyone collect those 'garbage pail kids' cards,the really horrible ones???,you used to get a stick of gum with them. They were such a craze at my primary school!!! xx

OMG I had loads of them! :lol:

My fave ever were Iced Cups (i think they were called that) They were 2p chocolates in a foil bun type case.

Also used to love Secrets :lol:

Oh yeah Wham bars i had a couple of them last week,great to ease morning sickness :D xx

nikki1306 said:
Oh yeah Wham bars i had a couple of them last week,great to ease morning sickness :D xx

they've changed them loads they used to be enormous!

They are tiny now,twice the price and half the size :( xx

Oh dear, this makes me feel old! We had ha-penny chews (fruit salads and black jacks).

I also remember getting whistle lollies as a treat (they actually whistled). Cola cubes and pineapple cubes were my favourite.

Anyone remeber these?

tatt0002.jpg

i had loads of the garbage pail kids stickers - they were awful and the bubble gum was like card board!!!!

Does anyone remember 'Nerds' we used to have them at the school tuck shop (around 1990) they have watermelon flavour - loved em then they got taken over by someon else!

I remeber all the sweet bars being much bigger when i was little - may be it was because i was small????

Marathon - now snickers?

Curly wurly's are also LOADS smaller than they used to be lol!

My D/H has just asked if anyone remembers what those crips are called that were shaped like little pigs lol :shock:

L x

lol some of these bring back memories
urchin i used to love pacers its so funny to see someone else remember them everyone i ever ask cant remember them
also used to buy mo jos black jacks and fruit salads all of which you could get 2 for half pence lol :oops: how old does that make me feel i sound like my nan :(

can anyone remember a chocolate bar think it was called "cabana" if i remember rightly it was like nougat inside with bits of nuts and cherry

salt and pepper crisps???

rainbow sherbert that used to make your finger yellow lol

:D MMMM sweets.......
I loved cabanas.....wish they would make them again
Spangles
Pacers
10 pence mix ups....used to put all the 1/2 pence sweets in,so you'd get loads.....
them chewing gums that you could buy with plastic music badges in(always seemed to get Thin Lizzy and AC/DC) and also the chewing gum in the format of a vinyl album.....I always remember the Blondie "parallel lines"one because it had the words to the tracks on the back....does anyone remember these????
Bettabars
Squirrel Chocolate tools
those candy ABC letters you got in the little cube box....
galaxy counters.....

I could go on and on.........I love sweets.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back