worried about m/c

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
would appriciate a bit of advice. I'm a bit worried about m/c, deep down i know everything is ok but i don't think i will be happy until i have had my scan (17th march). i have just read a post on here and there is a woman who said she lost her baby at 9 weeks but didn't find out until her scan. i am exactly 9 weeks and worried something has happened but haven't realised yet. Am i just being paranoid or should i worry? i haven't had any bleeding or stomach pains. i'm sure id know if something was wrong but then what if i didn't? me and my partner tried for over a year for our baby, they are wanted very much and we are so happy and excited, i just don't want anything to go wrong. any advice and reassurance would be appriciated. thanks

Please try and stay calm. Its natural to worry but it sounds to me like things are ok with you. All of us go through some kind of worry like this in our heads, so we understand where you are coming from.

If you are still feeling pregnant, experiencing PG symtoms, whatever they may be, then hold on to that and try to think positive.

Some women do find out that they have lost their baby when they have a scan, but its a small number of women. Many will MC and have severe pain and bleeding before this, which you say you have not had, so try to relax.

If you are really worried for any reason go have a chat with your MW and she can hopefully reassure you.

It's so hard not to worry, the first trimester is consumed with worry for a lot of us. Even when we have no physical symptoms such as pains/bleeding to cause us to worry.

Try not to worry, your scan will be here before you know it. I know that's easier said than done. :hug:

Hi Laura,

Please don't worry. I know it's easy for me to say now but we have ALL been where you are and concerned about the same thing. It comes with the territory.

It is very rare for a miscarriage to go unnoticed. The effects are usually bleeding (for more than 3 days) with bad cramping.

Try and think of it this way - would you be so concerned if you had not read that post? You probably would still be, but psychologically, you have your fear backed up by the fact someone else went through it.

If you are worried, call your MW and ask for a reassurance scan before your nuchal & dating one on 17th March. Even if they reassure you and you still worry, say that it is stressing you out and you are desperate for visual proof that everything is ok.

Just know that even after your scan, there will probably still a worry because hormones take over - evil things :evil: I still worried even after SEEING the heartbeat! It's a bugger!

Anyway, sending you lots of hugs and reassurance that it sounds like everything is perfectly fine! You needn't worry, but I understand because I've been there :hug: xxx

Hey Lauren,
Know i'm repeating whats been said already but just wanted to add that it really is something we all go through. I always say i wish I could just have a little window to see that all is ok!
It really is rare for something to have gone wrong and for you not to know- I read something very similar when i was at about your stage and i nearly made myself sick with worry- it honestly is not worth it. Try to enjoy your pregnancy and maybe keep track of your symptoms and how you are feeling in a diary-this was how I got through it as I've not had any 'real' symptoms- just tiredness and peeing! Even now after having the scan I still worry occassionally but I have a doppler which i use every now and again to reassure myself. Chances are evrything will be completely fine and you'll be worrying yourself for nothing :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back