worried about connor :-( *update pg2*

purple13

Reaction score
connor was a bit snuffly on saturday - not eating with his usual enthusiasm, with coughs, sneezes and a runny nose. OH and i went out on saturday night after he'd gone to bed, expecting that he'd stay down til at least 1am as he normally does. we left dad with emergency formula but really didn't think he'd need it. however we got home and connor had woken at 10.30pm (!) and had been inconsolable, so dad gave him some formula and he drank 4.5oz - he didn't go back to sleep, but stayed up playing with my dad til we got home. he was then copiously sick, bringing up the formula and his dinner from earlier :( i fed him at 1am and then again at 4am cos he seemed really unsettled and not himself. his nappies started the day ok but, by his eventual late bedtime when we got home, he'd had the runs 3 times and the bit of food that he did eat on saturday night came out exactly the same way that it went in (large carrot lumps etc)

then yesterday i kept him off solids (he wasn't really interested anyway) and just gave him lots of boob. the cold symptoms disappeared completely and he was back to his normal self BUT he must have had diarrhoea at least 7 times - its the return of the green poo... :( :( :(

i've taken him to the docs this morning and it turns out that the last sample that was sent off (last time the green poo happened) was lost, so we don't know what caused it then :wall: another sample was sent today so hopefully we'll get the results by the end of the week.

some of his poos are really watery and green, some are watery but with green mucous-y lumps :puke: and this morning's ones (2 so far) are like the old green poos - back to plain old boob milk deposits except a really lurid green colour.

the thing i'm most worried about though is that in 3 nappies now i've seen traces of what could be blood :( :( its been in with the mucous-y bits (sorry TMI). the sample that went to the lab this morning had some in.

connor seems fine in himself still (has been attached to my boob for the last hour :roll: :) ), albeit a bit more clingy than usual, if that's possible! his cold has almost completely gone and he's not dehydrated. he's a bit more tired than usual, but he's been more unsettled during the last 3 nights...

my gp was a bit vague about whether i should give him solids again - i know he's fine on just boob milk in the short term, but should i offer food anyway given his indifference at the mo, his monumental puke on saturday, and the ongoing diarrhoea?

and i guess i'm doing the right thing staying away from other babies again...? its so frustrating for us both not to be able to get out - he's so hyper and much happier when he's in company... :wall:

:hug: :hug: sorry hun i have no idea just hope he gets better soon or they find out what is causing it
xx

thanks hon :hug: :hug:

he was really hungry at lunchtime (despite that feed this morning lasting 2 hours in the end :shock: ) so i gave him some puree rather than his usual finger foods. but he followed it up with more runny green poo :( :(

i was supposed to be going out tomorrow with lots of mums & babies - he's ok in himself but i don't think i ought to go just in case...

Hey gorgeous,

Sorry to hear Connor is so poorly - hopefully the lab will be able to find something and suggest something to make him better. I've never experienced this with DD, so sorry I can't be more help.

In terms of how to deal with it, I'd just keep him on boob boob and more boob - at his age a few days off solids won't matter a jot. I would also keep him at home (maybe the odd walk but just the two of you) as I know you'd hate another baby to catch it, I know its frustrating though.

Valentine Xxx

:evil: at the docs for losing the sample! hope the green poo goes soon :hug: :hug: xx

thanks keli, and thanks valentine :hug: :hug:

i've cancelled on the ladies tomorrow and just had a little walk on the common today. its like having a newb all over again - this afternoon's feed has lasted 90 minutes... he needs the calories though - he'd been tearing round the lounge on his tummy for a good hour before that. at least whatever this is hasn't affected him mentally.

i just hope that i was imagining things when i thought i saw blood :pray: that's what's really worrying me i think...

Aww poor little man i hope they find put what is causing this from the lab results :hug: :hug: :hug:
I also haven't experienced this so don't know what it could be. But i would agree with Valentine and just keep him on booby milk for now..at least until you know what it going on. In my childcare and health book it says runny green poo in breast fed babies could be a sign of a gastric problem but it doesnt get anymore specific than that! I really hope you get some answers and it can be sorted out soon hun..hope your ok little Connor xxxxx

aaarw poor little cutie, hope he gets better soon hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

why is it always week after seeing me :shock:

hope u get some answers suze , hugs to lil man :hug:

Summer had similar symptoms to that so we took her to the doctor, he said it was rotavirus and gave her medication but it didnt't seem to work so 2 days after that We took her to hospital but they couldn't find anything wrong with her. As soon as we got back from the hospital she was fine and back to normal :think:

Could the blood have been from the formula feed?.. maybe too strong for his little belly. What did the docs say about the blood?
I've been thinking about this and i'm sure someone posted about their LO having a upset stomach after using some wipes that weren't meant for food surfaces.. have you been cleaning say his highchair with something maybe that doesn't agree with him? :think: probably not but its a thought :hug: xx

thanks guys :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

last night he was really unsettled - seemed in discomfort and not even feeding him helped, and his cold's flared up a bit again :( he's his jolly self this morning though - i bedded in with him for a few extra hours (we're normally up at 7) to try and get my flow up a bit... its not easy bedding in with a 6.5 month old who just wants to play :wall: i've been giving him a bit of baby rice to stop him from getting too hungry in the meantime.

we're on diarrhoea deposit 3 for the day already (though none at all overnight) and the second one had traces of what looked like blood again :( :( the gp was about as vague as you can get. i guess its cos there's no other symptom of anything sinister and cos he's generally happy in himself.

i honestly can't think of anything that would have done this - only that its some sort of bug that he's picked up. we were at a soft play centre last thursday so he could have caught something there :think:

thanks for the hugs & advice everyone. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Chester had the rotovirus when he was 4 months and it sounds a bit like how Connor sounds, he was well within himself but just terrible poo's, explosive even. I do still think he is a little bit poorly now, like theres still a bit of the virus in him. He hasnt yet had his 4 month jab yet cus he had the virus when injection was due and HV said to wait 4 weeks for the virus to completely go.

Hope he's ok hun xxx

Oh and doctors and hospitals can be terrible at loosing samples, it happened to me loads when I was pregnant

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

connor is doing his best impression of a seal pup on acid - he's been throwing himself happily around our lounge & kitchen at 90 miles an hour and is now wrestling with my curtains - its well past his bedtime - he might not be tired but i am - normally i'd be kipping on the sofa by now... i only gave him a small bowl of baby rice at 6pm, i must have uber-boobmilk... :shock:

he's got a really chesty cough and has had 8 runny nappies today, at least 2 of which are showing possible blood traces again :(

i don't know whether to go back to the gp's again tomorrow - i don't know what they can say really, other than wait for the test results which won't be back til thursday.

Aww poor Connor :hug:
I do hope that the docs can figure out whats wrong.

** UPDATE **

connor passed pellets of what looks suspiciously like newspaper, yesterday evening and again this morning :shock: :shock: mucous & blood with it too... but i reckon that's what's been causing all of this! poor boy was straining really badly last night :( :( i think his cough & cold he's caught from his daddy and is something completely separate.

i think i'll call the docs this morning and get a phone consultation just to check that there's nothing i should be doing other than waiting for it all to come out...

glad it doesn't seem to be anything more sinister though. gawd knows when he managed to scoff newspaper without me noticing :roll:

Oh you poor thing! I hope he's getting a bit better- it sounds like you are doing everything right and at least he's still happy and wanting to play- he can't be too poorly or weak.

:hug: to you and your little man xxx

ohh! little monkey!! :lol:

:hug: :hug: really hope he is better soon though hunni, its so worrying when they are poorly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back