puke & poo... bit worried...

purple13

Reaction score
connor has just done two really explosive poos in the last two days (through the nappy, over clothes, over the car seat, over me... :shock:) and has been really quite sicky after feeds...

he was always a bit sicky with nipple shields but we cracked bf-ing last week and he wasn't really being as sick any more.

but the last couple of days he's been quite sick after most of his feeds. and he's just puked up all of his 10 o'clock feed...

he's not dehydrated cos there's been lots of wee in his nappy and he's not showing any other signs... he was really awake and alert this morning before his feed, but did another semi-explosive poo earlier and is now fast asleep following his puking exploits...

i've been winding him during and after feeds cos he's seemed a bit uncomfortable. i'm inclined to think that he's just got a bit of an upset tummy and am not too worried as he isn't dehydrated. but have also got a voice in the back of my head wondering whether i should take him to the docs just in case? my instinct says he's just a bit icky and its nothing serious, but i don't want to be a bad mum... :(

thanks midna :hug: he doesn't really seem poorly - just rather uncomfortable after feeding, a bit colicky - like he's got indigestion... then he pukes and goes to sleep... :? :? its just that the volume of puke is somewhat more than usual. he's still v hungry and interested in boob come food-time - i think i'd be more worried if he didn't want to feed :)

i think i'll trust my instincts and just keep going. as long as he's not dehydrated, i guess he's ok? i just don't like him ejecting calories cos he's such a skinny little thing!

haven't tried infacol - am going to tescos later so will pick some up and give it a go. thanks hon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back