working familt tax cred/tax credits???

mel_ed

Reaction score
ok this is my 1st baby so dont know mucg about benefits at all as never claimed them. i was just wondering what you all thought we'd be entitle to just to give me an idea while i'm on maternity.
i will be recieving just normal statatory maternity pay and my OH picks up about £1000 a month so not brill wage for a man.
any advice wud be appreciated, thanks x

you can do a do i qualify questionaire on the tax redits website your other half does he claim working tax credits ontop of his pay if he does hell have to say theres a change in circumstances. if he hasnt do the do i qualify questionaire itll ask about oh and stuff and any other children you have and it will tell you what ones you can claim you might be able to claim both working and child tax credits i also think that you might be able to get child benifit too

we dont claim anything at the minute as dont have any children. i'll have to fill the forms out soon. i was just wondering 4 an idea, without filling them out. thanks x

Im in the same boat I dont really know what I am and am not entitled to. Could be worth booking an appointment at Citizens Advice or the Job Center and theyll be able to tell you everything you can get :) Thats what Ill be doing...and taking a pen and paper of course cause I know Ill forget it as soon as I leave the room!

0904 169 0072 tax credits help line

As a guide , I have 3 kids and we had £1200 (after tax income) at the time from my job
We got Working family tax credits and child tax credit (the bit that really tops it up)
We got £110 per week paid into our bank which was great

My hubby then got a night job that worked round my day job and school runs etc
so we had two wages. we told them straightaway bu they still over paid based on previous years award! so now to claim that back they don't pay you for a bit instead. we have had 8 mths without and I really notticed the difference!!

I went to part time in november and dropped 37.5 hours a month, so I am now a 3/4 of a full timer.
I have been tryign to tell them to update their records since october! and they wont till I provide them 6 documents about my companys contract and benifets suppliers, (we have a benifits scheme for vouchers etc before wages paid) and it's a nightmare, I just got all these back from HR and will be posting them off, maybee we can get some money again as new tax year starts April.

When I have another baby I won't be going back to my horrible stressful job but will look to find something else that I will enjoy more even if less money. I might start my own business instead. The WFTC should then go up as we will be down to £1000 (after tax) a month again for a bit.

Obviously having 3 kids will make a difference to the value, but gives you a ball park idea, it makes all the difference.

does that help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back