Work struggles

Mrsbee

Reaction score
Hey..... Soooo basically I'm knackered. And I'm finding work sooooo hard, I have to drive 120 mile round trip and then do a 12.5 hour shift (joys of being a nurse). I have absolutely no energy what so ever, but I think that's because food just makes me feel so sick so I don't eat much. I feel like a wimp for moaning because people do it all the time but I honestly cannot cope. I'm only 9 weeks and I know it's going to get so much worse. I am hopefully transferring to a hospital literally 10 minutes away from me so that will be better.

But is anyone else struggling? Or am I just being a baby! Xx

I was like that from 8-13 weeks, I was doing 55 hour weeks so went on sick from 8 weeks but then I ended up with really bad sickness, was sleeping for 12 hours on a night and then napping during the day. I've cut down to about 30 hours a week now but still really tired when it comes to my days off I'm shattered. My work were great to start with but slowly they're getting more annoyed as I'm complaining about been tired and been unable to do certain calls due to pressure on my tummy. I picked up from about 15 weeks to 23 weeks and now it's hitting me again (26 weeks) xx

I'm a nurse too and really struggling, it's not only at work though I'm struggling even on my days off to have energy to do anything. Only have nausea when I feel hungry but don't really have much appetite for anything.
Counting down the days until I stop for some annual leave on the 17th Feb!

Not a baby! The first tri is hard work let along long shifts and travelling. Baby is literally sucking all it needs from your body until the umbilical chord takes over! You'll hopefully start feeling a bit better by then but be kind to yourself til then

Thanks ladies, scn I'm the same, I'm the same, I'm just as knackered on my days off, I just want to be in bed all day. Even now I've come home early hubby gave me a massage and I can barely keep my eyes open :(. I hope it gets better lol xxx

I feel your pain. I work 12 hour nightshifts in care and its gruelling at times. I have to say that my tiredness improved at around 13 weeks, although my sickness got worse lol I'm going off in 4 weeks (I'll be 30weeks) so I
Coping that way

You're not being a baby at all! I'm off work at mo and I'm exhausted all the time. Just try to rest as much as you can hun and hopefully it'll get easier x

I'm glad it's not just me, thanks girlies you always make me feel better xx

I stopped work at about 8 weeks. I'm still employed but just told them I couldn't deal with it at the time. It was a restaurant based job, and I had terrible sickness until only a few weeks ago so couldn't handle the smell. I feel better now (sickness wise), but they have cover for me now which is a shame! It's a struggle money wise but I was in tears going in every day

Oh kitty I'm sorry to hear that, I think I'm just going to see how I get on... Today I've been off and just had a 2 hour nap but I still feel knackered. I don't really want to give up work as I don't think I'd get anything pay wise. I've only just qualified as a nurse so they don't count nurse training as anything employment wise... So I have to do 6 months before I'm entitled to mat allowance :/ xxx

It will improve once you are through the first 12 weeks your energy levels return and you feel more normal....have a think about planning your holidays towards the end and take some days to shorten weeks etc as you will start to feel tired and run down again in the last few weeks. I am working a full week this week and next then I have a weeks holiday for half term then using holiday and with easter I am only doing 4 day weeks maximum between end of Feb and finishing work at the start of April.

I worry about this a lot. I'm a children's nurse and work on a very busy surgical ward. I done 12 hour shifts with my son and really struggled in the mornings especially. I'm not pregnant (yet, being hopeful lol) but I worry about this a lot. I think I'll just ask to split my days as much as possible. Could you do this so you're only one day on then maybe 2 off? I felt much better when i got to 14 weeks with my son. I hope you do too! xx

I worry about this a lot. I'm a children's nurse and work on a very busy surgical ward. I done 12 hour shifts with my son and really struggled in the mornings especially. I'm not pregnant (yet, being hopeful lol) but I worry about this a lot. I think I'll just ask to split my days as much as possible. Could you do this so you're only one day on then maybe 2 off? I felt much better when i got to 14 weeks with my son. I hope you do too! xx

I'm starting a new job one far closer to me so that might help as after I've travelled 60 miles to work I can't be arsed to go in lol! But I might ask if I can just do short shifts but I don't really want to ask yet being new and all. I think as I'm only doing part time it's only 2 long days a week and it's now 10 minutes from my house at the most so it should be far better xxxx

Ah that's good. You should find that so much better then! I had annual leave and used it to do two 2 day weeks and it was heavenly :lol: I worked like mon/sat one week and tues/fri the following. Working part time is now my aim! My shifts are more 13 hours in this ward and I'm lucky if I get to pee once a shift lol! I'm only a 20 minute drive to work so not bad xx

Ah that's good. You should find that so much better then! I had annual leave and used it to do two 2 day weeks and it was heavenly :lol: I worked like mon/sat one week and tues/fri the following. Working part time is now my aim! My shifts are more 13 hours in this ward and I'm lucky if I get to pee once a shift lol! I'm only a 20 minute drive to work so not bad xx

Oh lovey!!! I take my hat off to you, I did a 14 hour day last week literally no idea how I got through it! I'm going to have to work out how much annual leave I'll be entitled to in my new job. I wouldn't mind doing 1-2 days a week that would be cool. I haven't decided if I'm doing full time yet as its so much closer I think I could manage, but if I'm part time it would be easier to go back after mat leave to part time. Sometimes they're a bit funny about letting you do that. So I'm thinking just starting part time will be easier. Hmmm! I bet you'll be looking forward to the mat leave with those crazy busy shifts haha xxx

Totally, more than the baby. Haha completely kidding on!! But yes the break will be very welcome if/when it comes around. I'd love to drop my hours but I'm going to keep working full time so if I get some baby news I'll get better mat leave. I'd definitely go back to work part time though :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back