Work problems

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I hope you don't mind but I need some space to rant! I am an Occupational Health nurse. My role is to look after employees health this includes pregnant women. Now that I am pregnant I have realised how crap my work is.

I have been really suffering in the pregnancy with all day sickness, being exhausted etc. Work wants me to work 8-4 then travel 5 hrs up and down the motorway to stay overnight and do the same the next day. Also, when I started crying yesterday because some guy was abusive to me on the phoone, my boss asked... " are you going to be ok to do the clinic this afternoon?"

How nice is that!!?? They haven't done a risk assessment either despite me asking for one 3 times!

Well I have just been to my GP and got signed off for a provisional 2 weeks and then I may even go back for a further 4...... If they don't care about me then I certainly don't care about leaving them in the lurch!

Sorry to rant... but hey I feel better now!

Always good to get things off your chest hun!! I hope you start feeling a bit better about things soon xxx

Awww hun thats crap. Your pregnant and you sound like your not having a good time during your pregnancy. Your work should be understanding what you are going through. Yeah dont worry about leaving them in the lurch, your signned off so theres nothing your work can do about it. Have sometime to yourself and relax. Try not to think about work and stressful things.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back