Woo hoo got my smiley face!!

Louise80

Reaction score
Very excited!!
Got some OPKs and started them CD6, finally got our smiley face yesterday so
It's all systems go! I know it's a long shot, it's our first proper month of trying
but I can't help getting my hopes up. The next couple of weeks are going to be
the longest ever!!
After reading a few other threads I noticed that people seem to continue to do OPKs
even after they've had their smiley faces...is that the norm?
On mine the instructions say to stop once you have ur smiley face so I didn't do one
today however I might do one tomoro just out of curiosity ha!

I only carry on doing them as I'm addicted lol

I got 2 :) this month so it was worth me keep testing.

Good luck x

Thanks Poppy,
I think I'll do another one tomoro just to see what I get!
Good luck to you too, here's hoping we both get our lovely BFPs asap!!
Xxx

Hi Louise

I used the cb digis and loved them! Far easier than trying to interpret lines! I used to stop testing once I got my smiley but on the cycle that I got my bfp, I carried on testing and got smiley on the Friday, no smiley on the saturday then smiley again on the Sunday! So god knows what was going on!

Good luck xxxx

I think with the cheepie tests , people like to see the line fading away to help also confirm that they have passed the surge and ov has happened, but sounds expensive with the smiley ones.

Good luck for your bfp, some lucky ladies do get it on first month of TTC, so you never know, even if you don't , your using opks sucessfully already on month one, so you ahead of the game .

Good luck

Hi Louise - its really exciting when you start OPK testing and you get your 1st smiley face/positive. I remember the 1st time I got a smiley face, I was sooooo excited as it confirmed I was ovulating! Once I get my positives I stop testing till the next cycle as it is so expensive to keep POAS lol. FX you get your BFP soon xxx

Yaaaaay :yay: i love to see the smiley faces! Get bonking lady!

sent from my MiniPro using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone.
It is sooooo exciting getting that smiley face, especially this early in our TTC journey.
I was really worried I would have to wait ages for any ovulation as I've only recently
stopped taking Cerazette and had heard horror stories about your fertility really being
messed up by it so for things to appear back to normal after just a couple of months is
brilliant!!
Just done another OPK to see if I'd get lucky today but back to empty circles...not to worry,
fingers crossed for two weeks!!!!
Xxx

Hi Louise, I came off Cerazette at the beginning of February and have ovulated several cycles since - like you I was worried that it would take my body a while to settle down but luckily it looks like it has sorted itself out quickly. Now all I need is my BFP!!

Oooh Katkin I'm just behind you then, I stopped Cerazette at the end of Feb.
Fingers crossed for both of us! Xx

Oooh Katkin I'm just behind you then, I stopped Cerazette at the end of Feb.
Fingers crossed for both of us! Xx

Ooh yeah - a TTC buddy :dance: I will be keeping track of your progress and FX we both get our BFPs soon xxx

I have been doing OPK tests every day this week but like you i just keep getting empty circles - think I've missed it this cycle :-( Oh well, theres always next month :)

That's a good attitude to have I think, it's so easy to become stressed and obsessed with ttc
and stress definately won't help us to get our bfps!

Fingers crossed though that you haven't missed it this month and we'll both be celebrating soon.

Xxx

Thanks Louise, not sure why but I did another OPK test this evening even though I knew it would be negative - those sticks are sooooo addictive lol. just waiting for AF now so I can start again next month :) Yes you're right, stressing doesn't help does it! I'm trying to remain positive and wait patiently for my BFP! FX we will both be celebrating soon :) xxx

Can I join in with you cerezette buddies TTC hehe :) I'm pretty sure I have previously commented on threads that both have you have contributed to - but it's nice to chat to & identify the people who are specifically around the same stage as you are / in similar situations... I came off Cerezette January but only very recently had regular cycles so from now on i'm going full speed ahead with OPKs, temps etc around ovualtion time - really looking forward to & enjoying this whole TTC journey (being our first!) hope it continues to be this exciting & doesnt get stressful.. Good luck - lets keep each other informed :) XxX

Hi Janine, of course you are welcome to join us - the more the merrier on this exciting (and sometimes frustrating), journey TTC :)
Yeah it is really good being able to talk to other women in the same situation as yourself and getting support from each other. I will keep an eye out for you on your journey (not in a scary stalking way lol!!). Have you started a journal?
Wishing you lots of luck on your journey xxx

Hi Janine,
Good luck to you too hun, this ttc lark is frustrating but also exciting and it's good to chat with others in the same situationm
It's great that yourself, me and Katkin are all around the same stage, recently come off the dreaded cerazette!
It'll be fab to keep track of each other and it's lovely to know that others are going thru the same things!!
Best of luck to you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back