• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Won't take a bottle!

mermaid

Reaction score
As I haven't given Finley a bottle of expressed milk for a good few weeks now, he has decided he won't take one anymore! This meant that last night whilst i worked for a few hours, he just screamed at his dad until I came back! What am I supposed to do if only I can feed him? That is quite a worry if anything happened to me! Any ideas please ladies? :think:

I had similar problems ahead of me going back to work. Things to try are different teats and bottles. I found the Tommee Tippee closer to nature ones good, though I think every baby is different. Another thing to try is using a cup.

Varying tips I found on different websites included try to feed them the bottle when they are not too hungry (so give them the bottle earlier than you would normally feed them), offer them a bottle when they are sleepy as they are more relaxed. I will post more as I think of them. Perseverance is the key. To start with Ellie would only take the bare minimum from a bottle 1-2oz. Now she is down to 1 bottle while at Nursery and twice this week she has had 7oz from the bottle!

cup feeding is an option

You tip the milk so that it just reaches their lips and they lap away like little kittens.

make sure all hands and feed are well out the way though :lol:

could try spoon feeding too. same as you would if you wre weening only with milk :)

Get the NUK bottles they are just like a breast seriousley good I swear by them for breast fed babies they have to work hard to get it too like with the nipple they use their tongues to lap the milk from front to back as opposed to milk just dlowing out like Avent and even Tommee Tippee.

Any boots or Mothercare stock them

Thank you,we will try the NUK bottles and a cup (which could be rather messy i imagine lol, but fun for Dad!)

Olivia wouldnt take it from a bottle either when she hit 3 months.

I have a tommie tippie cup (4month one) and Olivia is fine with it, at first she wasnt sure what to do with it but she love the cup now :D trys holding it up herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back