Winter babies.. What do you need?

Slb24

Reaction score
Hello everyone..

Just wondering what your planning to buy or bought previously for babies born close to Xmas?

Obviously I know I will need long sleeved Vests, baby grows, cardigans, knitted mittens, hats, sleep bags, car seat covers, blankets, snowsuit etc.

But obviously the baby will be born right near Xmas so will need the smaller sizes that don't last very long so I don't want to buy too much?

Would you buy a coat? Or just stick with the snowsuit?

Thanks xx

I'm due in October and iv brought two snowsuits, one is more padded than the other and I got a thick cardigan all in 0-3 months x

Thank you. My baby will literally be days old around Xmas time. So I will need to get winter stuff in newborn and 0-3. I just didn't know if it's worth getting a coat as well. We've had mild winters recently and I remember snow suits used to boil my daughter :/ lol xx

My son was born in Feb, he had a fleece suit as they are safer in the car seat as they don't recommend anything too large as it less supportive, I also bought baby grows that have pre attached mittens where the cuff has an extra layer that folds over the hands, that way my son couldn't take them off and there was no gap for cold air to go up.
I have bought them again for my pending babies.

Other than that, plenty of hats, socks, cardigans, dungarees are great too for both boys and girls, a snowsuit for the pram and of course blankets :) a coat could be worth having :) x

You can buy a morrck car seat blanket which is safety tested and nice and fleecy. Best thing we bought as they don't recommend coats and thick layers in the car seat, so we used that instead and it was a life saver (I've had two Feb babies)

Are they the ones you can ran safer baby from car seat to pram etc with handles? Or am I thinking of something completely different? X

You can buy a morrck car seat blanket which is safety tested and nice and fleecy. Best thing we bought as they don't recommend coats and thick layers in the car seat, so we used that instead and it was a life saver (I've had two Feb babies)

Ah, saw these at the Baby Show and got a leaflet then couldn't find it and forgot the name! Thank you!

Id only bother with snowsuit if you're going out walking a lot... Babies can't wear snowsuits or puffy coats in carseats.

What you can get is a polar fleece onesie - as warm but thin and safe in carseats.

I have short sleeve vests to go under baby grows as the heating is normally on in winter and when we go out I plan on layering with a think cosy blanket. I also have a 3.5 tog and 2.5 tog sleeping bag for her. A hat is needed.... Think that's the main winter bits...

Bare in mind mothercare start there boxing day sale in store on Christmas eve... We take advantage of this every year, not many people know /attempt to go on Christmas eve but it's normally empty and I get first dibs on the next year's wardrobe!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I'm a walker, I don't drive so baby mostly will be in the pram. That's why I'm getting a snow suit. My partner drives but works 6 days a week so baby will be in the car 1/7 days.
I'm going to buy everything I think. That way I'm covered. I've looked at the car seat sleeping bag type things lol I was looking at maxi cosi to go with her car seat.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back