have i gone OTT?

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
just packed some clothes n tht for baby when i go to the hospital, i know its early but im bored and felt like bonding a bit lol

so heres what i packed...

4 blankets - 2 knitted, 2 cotton winnie the pooh ones
9 vests/short sleeved babygrows
4 sleepsuits
3 jumper/cardigans
4 hats
5 scratch mits
5 pairs of socks
2 pairs of booties
fleece snowsuit type thing
snowsuit jacket for when we leave cos it'll be cold

is that too much? and i havent packed any trouser type things cos the jumpers can go over the top of the babygrows n things so would the babys legs get cold? should i put trousers in?

i think im gona be going over everything like 10 times when im in labour and go to the hospital lol

p.s. i know i need to pack bottles n toiletries etc but gona do tht when i get a holdall

the hospital will give u blankets, also i dont think u will need socks, botties etc as baby will be in sleep suits?

im just taking 2 hats, 4 sleep suits, scratch mits, and a going home outfit.

i took far too much last time, plsu family kept bringing in things when i needed any thing

i must admit its fun packing labour bag, i want to do one even if im having a planned section :rotfl:

its lovely lol, im just worried that the hospital will be cold, i was there in the winter and it got freezing at night, i dont know if they keep the temperature up better in maternity but duno if i wana take the chance lol

cant wait to go in and buy my holdall for hospital, all i know is its gona have some element of pink in it and wheels just in case for some reason im carting it around on my own lol

ok so anyway think i'll cut it down to one blanket cos theres one i really like lol and umm thts it god im terrible o and i put babys first teddy in too lol, had to be done 8)

I took my own blankets, I found the hospital ones too hard/stiff.

LOL i'm only taking 2 vests, 2 sleepsuits, a snowsuit and a hat for bubs! BTW the maternity wards are like a sauna!! You baby certainly wont be getting cold, more like sweating. Think thats why i lost weight rapidly, i sweated it out on the postnatal wards... :rotfl: and then got shouted at by mw for opening a window!!

yeah i agree there far too warm, baby only need temp to be 16 which is too cold for my liking haha

kellysomer said:
LOL i'm only taking 2 vests, 2 sleepsuits, a snowsuit and a hat for bubs! BTW the maternity wards are like a sauna!! You baby certainly wont be getting cold, more like sweating. Think thats why i lost weight rapidly, i sweated it out on the postnatal wards... :rotfl: and then got shouted at by mw for opening a window!!

I would take more than 2 incase you have a boy. Changing a nappy with a willy is murder till you get used to it. Peee goes everywhere.

But then you already know what your having :wink:

)i would take your own blanket.. eww at hospital ones.. and give the midwives your babys 1st clothes including a hat so they dont put a pea net on it.. lol.. eww at those hats..

baby idealy needs its 1st outfit to be getting blood n stuff on it.. coz sometimes they dont bath them straight away...they didnt bath charlotte (or did they?? hmm lol - drug are good) anyways.. she wasnt in that baby grow for more than a few hrs.. she wore 3 sleep suits 3 vests scratch mits a hat.. and a going out of hosp outfit which my mum brought when she picked us up..

this time.. im going to pack 2 sleep suits, 2 vests, scratch mits and 2 hats.. white one and a coloured (daddy bought :roll: ) and a blanket.. and nappies obviously.. im more worried about stuff for me lol...

midna said:
LMAO not even packed anything yet or thought about it. :D

I`ll just fling it all in before I go.

will that be while you are pushing demonseed out or before? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back