How many of everything do you need to start out?

Full of hope!

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm expecting my first baby and have just started to think about the clothing i'll need for him when he is newborn. I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice of what I need to get!

I have some babygrows/sleepsuits, vests, scratch mits, booties, hats, cardigans, a snowsuit, socks, daytime outfits etc etc but how many of each do I need? I haven't a clue how many changes of clothes he will go through in a day and I don't want to run short of things but at the same time I don't want to buy way too much!

What has everyone else got for their new arrival?

Thanks for your help in advance :)

we've got loads - far too much. The only thing I bought was a snow suit with little ears on it (dead cute) but ML and my mum have brought over suitcases of stuff. I think the most used things will be the sleepsuits (babygrows) so if you have plenty for 2 days (washing and changing), a couple of outfits for outside in the cold, a few socks, hats, and the scratch mits that should be fine to start. I am sure we'll work out whats really needed after a few weeks.
Are you using re-usable nappies? If so I was told you need between 15-20 plus the nappy liners. [/b]

i can put £10 bet on that carlys got the most.. teehee!!

i wouldnt go nuts.. as people buy you loads.. and i mean loads.. of gifts.. newborn clothes etc...

i agree with lisa.
u get bought loads, u buy loads, you will have loads of outfits and find yourself chanign your baby 10 times a day so they can wear them all before they get to small lol
xxx

i bet u i can compete with carly :oops: ask jo ,she;s seen the list of stuff this lil man has got , his got more coats and outfits thewn i have :rotfl:

You'll be bought tonnes of clothes by friends and relatives!!! Don't get loads of newborn stuff - Finn has outgrown newborn size already and is wearing 0-3 mth size.

we brought loads last time, especially little cute outfits and alana wore none of it. They look cuter in their little sleep suits. and i wasnt expecting her to sleep so much so none of the outfits were ever worn unless it was a special day like going to inlaws for lunch or some thing.

we brought about 2 outfits this time and a pack of 6 sleepsuits in newborn and a pack in 0-3 months. i know the nannies will buy a few more.

ive still got so much of alanas with tags on, it just wasnt possible to wear every item hahahaha

I think i might win the prize for the most stuff, i have about 300 items for bubs, plus some of isla's stuff from last time......... :D I bought a job lot of ebay for 99p stupid woman!!!! There was about 200 things in it some new.... :rotfl:

kellysomer said:
I think i might win the prize for the most stuff, i have about 300 items for bubs, plus some of isla's stuff from last time......... :D I bought a job lot of ebay for 99p stupid woman!!!! There was about 200 things in it some new.... :rotfl:

ooooh so you having a girl then :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks everyone :D I have a better idea now. Ooooo it's so exciting!!! We're all having our babies very soon! :D :D

I got given looads of clothes right up until he's 2 years old!!!! :shock: so my mum has washed all the 0-3 stuff for now and there's about 18 vests, 16 sleepsuits, 12 romper suits, 7 long sleeved t-shirts, 8 short sleeved t-shirts, 8 trousers, loads of scratch mits, 10 hats, loads of socks, a coat, 3 jackets etc etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back