Wind feels like labour :(

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Mummylumps, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Mummylumps

Mummylumps Active Member

I am nearly 29 weeks and been suffering bad with wind. Last night I was kept awake with waves of pain gripping me like a contraction that immediately went when I broke wind. :x

I am just concerned at how much it hurts, making me panic about labour again, I can't bear contraction pain.

Does anyone else get this? Is it normal to be this painful and actually come down like a contraction?

2. luratraloora

luratraloora Well-Known Member

Is there any chance you might be constipated hun? When I was constipated thats what the wind felt like for me almost like contractions.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

I distinctly remember in my first pregnancy getting agonising stomach pains in bed and thinking I'd gone into early labour, it was excruciating and to be honest now that I've been through 'proper' contractions the pain wasn't even that far off! Just to reassure you that although it's scary I've experienced similar levels of abdo pain.. Mine was a combination of wind and diarrhoea- lovely :)