Will the same midwife be delivering the baby?

i.love

Reaction score
Just a question. I've been assigned a midwife, am going to see her next week. Was just wondering if she is actually supposed to be delivering the baby? Or would that be another doctor?

My midwife won't be delivering my baby...i thought it was other midwives that delivered the babies? Could be wrong, sorry no help lol xxx

My community MW who im assigned to at my drs will not be at the birth as she only does home births. I will have a hospital midwife deliver my baby. It was all different when i had my dd 9 years ago

Where I stay it's a comminity led midwife unit x There are 5 or 6 diffrent midwives and 2 head midwives x I've met 3 or 4 already just from my early scans and booking appt. Odds are I'll have met them all by the time I give birth. If my assigned midwife is on duty when I go into labour, she will deliver, and would even stay past her shift if she was on call. If not it would be one of the others who i will probably have met anyway xx

I see a team of community midwives for Sunderland North, and when I go to hospital my baby will be delivered by hospital midwives so my named one def won't be delivering her. Think it probably depends on where you are.

Believe me you're lucky if you see the same midwife twice during your pregnancy!! I've seen mine twice in 34 weeks...there have often been other midwives covering instead. As for birth, if you are giving birth in hospital it is likely to be just whoever is on duty at that time and if your labour is a long one you may well have a change of midwife as they change shifts!! xx

thanks everyone for the info! I guess chances are it won't be the same one then. Oh well.

I see a team of about 4 midwives and it defo won't be same midwives that will be at birth x

well mine wont as she is due her baby about 10 days after me lol

sometimes they do sometimes they dont all depends on the set up

It depends on where you are - I will get the same one unless she has been on a call out the night before

Where I am, there is a local team of 5 midwives and over the pregnancy I could see any of them, I've seen two so far and when I call I speak to another different one :)

Then for the birth I will see different ones as I have chosen to give birth at a certain hospital and all the local mw only do births at the birthing centre

I think it all depends on where you live and where you are choosing to give birth

Normally depends if she happens to be on call x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back