will my blasties survive the thaw??!!#

Thanks Yvonee, Im wondering if they just freeze anything though, I mean they were blastocysts so should have been good, but when i asked whether they were good they said 'yes blastocysts' and i work through translator and myabe i just heard what i wanted too, perhaps they wenrt great blastocysts. I really dont know, I suppose we will find out more end of July and then its on to round 2 in Sept...hubbys takin me out to my favourite restaurant tomoz, its lovely it over looks the beach and they do the best mojitos and tapas...hes gonna drive so I can have a few :) I'll get there, just like we all will. Thanks for your support everyone xxx

It's a good point, you'd expect them to only freeze the good ones but it must be more difficult to get this detailed information through a translator. If you don't mind me asking, where are you having your treatment?

Glad to hear you are doing nice things and looking after yourself xx

Tenerife, we live here and because we are residents they are giving us 3 tries with any frozen, its a university hospital. I cant complain I know that because this isnt even our home country, although saying that we pay loads of tax to them and social security so I do feel we should be entitiled like anyone else... it would be nice to even know there stats and stuff but cant find anything online, obviously it would all be spanish anyway, and i feel bad asking them stuff like that when im in their country getting it for free, so we kind of just go woth the flow, heads down doing what they say. But this next time im deffo going to push them to go to blast on the frsh cycle, i think they were hasty last time putting 2 day 2 embies back when in actual fact 3 made it to freeze... its a hard line isnt it, i dont want to tell them how to do their job because they are the experts but i do feel those blastocysts were compromised by the freezing process and cant help thinking they may have made it if they had transfered them fresh x

Sorry that didnt made sense, 3 fresh tries and any frozen as a bonus x

Its difficult but if you push them to transfer the embryos later next time and they don't agree at least you should get some explanation of why they prefer to do it that way. I know the treatment is free but you've every right to be treated the same as any other patient so you should ask as many questions as you want to.

Lucky you living in Tenerife! I have a friend who lives and owns a business in las Americas.

xx

I'm so sorry none survived the thaw :( I hope your holding up ok. Sept will be here before you know it x

Thanks everyone, a little funny story for you all, went doctors today because I've been feeling stressed and not sleeping wanted a back dated sick note from Fri for 1 week, but my doctor was off the one who speaks brilliant English, so the replacement Saud she spoke English abit, and my Spanish is very basic so I decided to make it simple, ask for sick note because of ivf, didn't go into details thinking I will just book again next week when my doctor is back, anyway she's looking concerned, asking if I need more than a week, was wondering what to put the reason down for, so I just said just put the real reason, she looked horrified... anyway get home, look at the sick note and noticed the word 'infection' then to my surprise some initials HIV!!! Haha, she thought I was telling her I'd been to the hossie and was HIV! I realised after they call ivf in vitro so she must have got really confused!!! So I had to go back... she said she was concerned how calm I was considering my diagnosis! Anyway it did make me laugh, and also realise my situation could be worse. Xxx

Awwww big hugs Gemma. That funny story is soooo crazy eh... Glad it made you laugh in the midst of allthis.

M x

Haha that is so funny - something was definitely lost in translation there! Glad it made you laugh :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back