• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will I be offered an early scan?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
I am having a very nerve-wracking first trimester so far, and have yet to see the doctor or midwife yet. Somebody mentioned to me, that because I had a missed miscarriage last pregnancy, that I may be offered an early scan this pregnancy. What is the likelihood of this? If we are not offered one, we are going to pay for one privately anyway.

Huge congrats Lulu firstly!

Well I had spotting the second time, which is how it happened with my MMC in march, so I went to the docs in June I think, and ended up blubbing to her how worried I was, she said straightaway I will send you for a early reassurance scan. so got that a few days later , at 8 weeks plus 6. My MMC was found at 11 weeks ish , so when I saw the heartbeat etc , the hosp asked me if I was reassured fully or would I like another scan at 10 weeks, after they think baby had died last time. So naturally I jumped at the chance.

I would ask your docs before booking in, as my area thats 10 weeks plus! , and say how worried you are, you don't ask , you don't get - unfortunately nowadays and private scans are soo expensive

Good luck

I explained to the nurse at my docs (when I had my first booking) in appoint that I was soo scared! She got the epu referal done for me straight away! Had a scan at 9 weeks and little ones hb was 170 bpm so feel a little better, have my 12 week one (more like 13!) On 6th of jan. U can also go privately and pay for ur own ultrasound seems ther averagww on here is 50 to 100 x

I think it's very dependent on your hospital. My wife had a MMC last year and we said very bluntly to them that we wanted an early scan. They couldn't say no lol she's now 39w...

Hi You should be able to get an early reassurance scan on the NHS chick, assuming your hospital does it. I had a mc in June 2010 and on finding I was pregnant three months later, I was of course able to get a reassurance scan at the EPU in a nearby hospital. I also managed to get another one in last week after a fall, which I found to be essential as I was further gone then thought. I think after mc it is understood how anxious mums to be can be and I believe most hospitals cater for this. You could speak direct to them, or go through your GP. Push it if you need to, but you should be able to get one on the NHS. Wish you the best x

Thank you everyone. I am awaiting a call from the midwives to get my booking-in appointment, and my GP said she would put on my notes that I requested an early scan due to the MMC, so I'll make sure I mention it at my appointment.

i think if you ring the hospital and ask they would allow an early scan, we have certaintly been offered it for next time after our baby got diagnosed with anecaphaly :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back