any advice??

halle

Reaction score
Hi Girls, :D

I am in my third pregnancy this year after suffering the following
blighted ovum dec 06 and blighted ovum july 07. I am now 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and have my first appt with midwife on wednesday.
I have been told that it is likley i will not fit the criteria for a referral to epau ( early pregnancy unit) as this is for fourth pregnancys. Although i may be offered an earliar scan in ante natal clinic which is what occured last time(8 1/2 weeks ). I have noticed on this forum that many people have been for scans at 6 or 7 weeks , should i be getting a quicker scan do you think? and should i be asking for one asap at my apt? naturally i am very worried about this pregnancy and dread the scan,

any ideas ladies? :think:

You poor love I completly understand your worry.

Yes you can get a scan from as early as 6 weeks! It will be internal but they will be able to tell you if the pregnancy is off to a good start... (ie theres something growing).

By 4 pregnancys have you had any live births sorry i could not tell from you post and im hoping you have not had to go through 4 mcs either way speak with your gp about this.

If they refuse point blank you can normally get them done privatly, its money (about £70 I THINK) bt i think it is worth it just to put you mind at rest...

i hope things work out for you hon and wish you all the best!!!

xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi, so sorry to hear about your previous experiences. It seems to me that each EPU treats their patients differently. I have suffered from m/c at 5 weeks. I have been told to come to EPU at 7 weeks when next time pregnant. I am sure that they should offer you 6 weeks internal scan. You can always lie a bit and tell them you have pains :oops: Hope all goes well for you! :hug:

Hi Honey
Sorry to hear you are having trouble.
I know what you our going through by the time i reached 9 half weeks close to the date i lost my first baby. I was in a state of constant panic and worry. So i went to my GP who turned out to be the parent of one of the children i look after. She refured me to have an early scan and exagirated my symptoms ie pain to get me in. I had my scan at 10 half weeks and saw my lovley healthy baby. So yes i wouldnt hurt to mabye say you have had pains and tell them just how worried stressed you are. Id think after 2 m/c you would automaticaly have an early reasurance scan. Try and stay positive im sure this time you will be fine we our all hear for you. When ever you need t chat or let off steam this is the place to come. Sticky baby dust being sent your way

Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and sorry to hear of your previous losses.

It seems to really depend on where you live as to whether you'll receive an early scan on the NHS after a miscarriage/miscarriages.

I've seen my m/w today who has told me that there's no way I'll get one before 12 weeks unless I go to the private hospital and pay for it. It took 4 days for me to get one when I was miscarrying!! I guess I could make some concern up but I'm too honest!!!

Good luck with your pregnancy, really hoping it will be 3rd time lucky for you. It does become a little better when you get past your previous m/c stage but the worry is always there. :hug:

Hi Girls,

went to see my midwife today and she has referred me to hospital as per normal but in my history has put full description of my history and stated that i am very anxious and need an early scan. i probably won't get one until next week or week after but i suppose this is better than nothing. thanks for all your advice , i may go to my gp if im not happy with the speediness of the service

halle x

Hi,

I guess, in my case, I've only had 1 m/c, and as one doctor actually said to me, it is quite common for women who have 3 or 4 children to have 1 or 2 early miscarriages which are usually due to chromosomal abnormalities!

It doesn't take away the worry although I do think more than one miscarriage should definitely warrant an early scan.

Hope the scan goes well for you - easier said than done but try not to get too worked up about it in the meantime.

I am hoping mine will be before I go away for Christmas.

Hi
sorry to hear about your losses but congratualtions on this pregnancy.

I have had a reasurance scan given by the emergancy department of the womens hospital. I have suffered 2 miscarriages in the past year it has not been determained why, but the day i found out i was pregnant i rang up the emergancy department in the maternity hospital that dealt with my miscarriage and requested a reasurance scan and explained my history and they booked me in for a scan the week later, and now i have another one booked for next week also i have been told that at my first antinatal appointment i will have a scan if one is required. It may very well depend on the hospital policy's but i think it is unfair that one woman should get it and not another.
I hope all goes well for you (and all the other ladies)
Pam x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back