PG again after MC and scared- is there anything I can do???

clucky77

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks PG. Previously missed MC'd in April at 9 weeks. :(

So scared of having another one that I can't sleep!

It's taken 5 months to get PG again, and I don't know how I can get through the next 8 weeks till Tri 2. I will have an early scan in 4 weeks I think- but even that seems so long away!

Is there anything I can do differently? I have heard about progesterone supplements?
Have others had early blood tests. I know they don't usually do anything after just one but am willing to pay privately IF something can be done...

Hi clucky :hug: I think it was Anna who once said 'it's a different sperm and egg so it's a different pregnancy altogether' I find this quite a good thing to remember, as I'm sure I'll be feeling just like you again! It's a different pregnancy, so try and relax - if anything is going to go wrong it will, whether you do anything differently or not but alot can be said for relaxing about it all as it's healthier for you both.

Re progesterone, you would have to be prescribed the suppliments, and the doctors are more than likely not going to do that unless you had had 3 losses.

I start taking low dose asprin and progesterone cream cd14, I would speak to your doctor if you want to do similar, but be warned mine said she didnt recommend it --> unless I had had 3 losses, but as I told her if it's safe after 3 losses then it's safe after 1 surely, and I feel I'm doing something positive but it wouldnt stop a loss that was meant to happen due to something not being right.

You cant change the outcome of this pregnancy, just hope for the best and think good thoughts :hug:

Thanks so much for some great words of wisdom. They were very helpful.

My progesterone readings at day 21 this cycle were actually normal so I am wondering if it's likely they will be normal in early PG - are they meant to increase in early PG?
I also started taking B6 as wanted to extend my luteal phase so maybe that's increased the Progesterone... first month I took it, I got PG.

Are there tests in early PG (even repeated) to say whether you should use progesterone cream?

Thanks

hiya hun yes i did say that holly :D lol its a totaly different pregnancy also i'll replay back what my doctor said to me when i found out i was pregnant, although i can't say it won't happen it's unlikely to happen' also it might be worth thinking that aparently there is a 1 in 5 chance things worn't work out so you have a 4 in 5 chance it'll be ok so if you think about the odds it's unlikely as long as you look after yourself you should be fine :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
also enjoy being pregnant, do what i do keep yourself busy try to put the negative thoughts to the back of your mind and enjoy every niggle, sickky feeling etc.... and think positive :D

oh holly your very wise :D

oh thanks so much.... i am not even sure tests would help as my progesterone was normal at day 21 so i just need to relax! Am hoping the last MC ws just a random chromosomal prob and not hormonal, so less likely of affecting this PG.

:pray: :pray:

Hi there is nothing you can do but wait and see what happens, I have had 2 missed miscarriages this yr in feb and june and im pregnant again and so yeah im absolutly terrified too but its all about waiting and trying to think positivley.

*sara* said:
Hi there is nothing you can do but wait and see what happens, I have had 2 missed miscarriages this yr in feb and june and im pregnant again and so yeah im absolutly terrified too but its all about waiting and trying to think positivley.

I agree, just relax and take it easy, although try to busy yourself with other things around you...

:hug:

It comes with age Anna...my wisdom :rotfl: :rotfl: that and repeating your words :wink:

Clucky I'm, sure they meant it was normal for the stage you are at, not normal as in levels at not pregnant, otherwise they would have said they were low :hug:

Steele congrats on your little boy! How cute is he?!!! :hug:

I miscarried last year, and have just had a beautiful baby girl. Think positive (and stay out of the loss forum, stop reading up about m/c and stuff on the net), it was the only thing I could do, and I'm sure it not only kept my sanity, but I really think it helped.

NickyB said:
I miscarried last year, and have just had a beautiful baby girl. Think positive (and stay out of the loss forum, stop reading up about m/c and stuff on the net), it was the only thing I could do, and I'm sure it not only kept my sanity, but I really think it helped.
awww thanks that's helped :D :hug:

NickyB said:

Thank you! Did your PG feel different to the first. I am doing a bit better I think. Just a waiting game. I hate the wait!

I also feel like I am not getting too attached at the moment and am trying to wait till first scan before I think 'I'm having a baby' although was tough today not to imagine myself walking around the park in the sun with my baby next June........... :pray:

All i can Sweetheart is take it easy, look after yourself and try to not think about last time (easier said than done i know) I am going thro the same as yourself, however i kept quiet for around the first 9/10 weeks didnt think it was real you know...

Cant really say anymore, apart from im wishing you a H & H 9 months :hug:

THanks. I keep testing (silly I know) and the line is getting darker and appering faster so feeling good. Just don't feel nauseas or anything except sore nipples... same as last time. Maybe I just don't get nausea.

HI know how you feel - I kept testing to check that the lines were getting darker but remained terrified until I had my 20 week scan. It is so difficult to stop worrying, but I wouldn't try any supplimentation without the advice of the doctor first - chances are they will just tell you to take it easy and look after yourself. M/c do not generally have a cause. The only thing you can do is try to distract yourself with other things to make the time pass a bit quicker, but it is sooooo hard.
All the best
Andrea
PS - I didn't have much sickness with my first, and it didn't kick in with this one until about 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back